Ketchikan & Glacier Landings

lucia1024

Hi

I hope that someone can help me. I was looking for a flightseeing tour with a glacier landing in Ketchikan. I know that there is Island Wings, but it looks like they only land near lakes. Unless I am mistaken.

I would appreciate if someone can make any other suggestions on some tour operators that would do glacier landing in Ketchikan.

Thanks

BQ: I looked at this site and it looks much more affordable then some of the others. Which excursion (in your opinion) is the best for great scenery/wildlife???

Thanks

Don't expect wildlife unless you go on a bear tour, with my preference Anan.

Scenery would be superior including the longer tour with the glaciers, but Misty fjords is pure scenery. :) If a possibility, a glaicer helicopter landing and a floatplane to Misty Fjords offers some of the best varied flightseeing.

There are glaciers in the Misty Forest but you got to know that Misty is a very large area. You need to make sure that the tour you book with them will go north of Rudyerd to see glaciers. Most Misty tours cosist of just the fjords. Which are amazing in themselves.

Don't expect wildlife unless you go on a bear tour, with my preference Anan.

Scenery would be superior including the longer tour with the glaciers, but Misty fjords is pure scenery. :) If a possibility, a glaicer helicopter landing and a floatplane to Misty Fjords offers some of the best varied flightseeing.

OK: so between Island Wings and Southeast Aviation - you prefer Southeast Aviation??? Why?

If $$$ is no object (choke, choke) which flightseeing tour would be the best in your opinion???

OK: so between Island Wings and Southeast Aviation - you prefer Southeast Aviation??? Why?

If $$$ is no object (choke, choke) which flightseeing tour would be the best in your opinion???

I did not say that. I have nothing but high recommendations for Island Wings too. I have flown with both several times. With money no object, I would head to Anan. :) Otherwise the longest flight- meaning the glacier add on option. My preference only.

I did not say that. I have nothing but high recommendations for Island Wings too. I have flown with both several times. With money no object, I would head to Anan. :) Otherwise the longest flight- meaning the glacier add on option. My preference only.

OK I guess I am still trying to get an answer to my question.

When you posted ONLY the link to Southeast Aviation - I assumed that it was your preference. That's all.

Thanks

Archived