AmeriSuites..anyone stay there recently?

cruzzers

We will be staying at AmeriSuites in Dec and want to know if anyone has stayed there recently. We have seen some mixed reviews and would like to know....Were the rooms clean? How was customer service? The shuttle from airport/port? Breakfast? Would you stay there again?

We stayed at one in Mystic, CT last July. Compared to the other mid-level suite hotels chains out there, I'd rate it a C+.

Why?

- rooms were small and aren't really suites (don't have separate bedrooms, just a small wall that only party blocks off the tiny seating and kitchen area).

- Only one TV.

- furniture and fixtures in room were cheap.

- The kitchen was very basic, just a microwave and sink.

- Small staff which affected things (pool hours very limited; request for extra pillows took over an hour).

- Free breakfast was not run well (too small for the crowd being served, unless you got there early, much of the food ran out).

Bottom line: it what we exprienced is representative, I can't recommend this chain.

We have reservations at the Ft Lauderdale AmeriSuites close to the 17th St causway. There are some reviews on Tripfinder but I can't seem to find anything very recent. We stayed there last Feb. pre-cruise and had good results. We booked through Valuetrips.com and got our room in Dec for $79. If the rooms are still clean and comfortable, that is all we really care about.

I stayed there in December 2004 and for one night pre-cruise it was just fine. After all, only need a bed to sleep in and a shower before heading to the pier. Beds were confortable, in fact my daughter slept on the sofa bed and said it was fine, shower worked well and the breakfast the next morning was pretty good. I figure since I spend the money for the cruise, any place to sleep the night before at a decent price, that includes breakfast and a shuttle to the pier is okay by me ........ sure beats flying in same day and scrambling to get to the pier before the ship sails and then being sooooo exhusted that you r sleep through the first nights dinner ........ been there - done that - not again!

I am also booked to stay there for the night of 12/25 and 1/3 (post-cruise, I'm never going to fight for a place at the skycap the day the ship docks again ...... learned that lesson also ......... the hard way).

LornaT...We always fly out the day before a cruise. It used to be possible to fly out the same day without much to worry about, but with security the way it is and all the delays, we just feel alot more rested and ready for our cruise to go one day ahead. This time we are even staying a day after to avoid the Sunday rush in the Ft Lauderdale airport. It can be a real zoo on Sundays.

Still looking for a recent review of AmeriSuites in Ft Lauderdale if anyone out there has stayed recently.

Hi All.

I'm reporting in as promised. We stayed at the Amerisuites in Fort Lauderdale on 11/4 (1 night before our 11/5 CB Princess cruise). I was a little nervous because of the bad reviews I had read, but because we were a group of 21 (8 rooms I think), I didn't try to rebook and went with it.

I'm happy to report that the rooms (in my opinion and my family I agreed I think) were just fine. Shuttle picked us up at the airport within 15 minutes of calling. Hotel is convenient to Publix and Liquor store. Plenty of restaurants in the area to choose from. Signed up for the first shuttle to the port (11am) which fit 21 people (and their luggage). Had us to the port by 11:15am I believe.

Rooms were very large, nice & clean. Refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker is our room. Only problem I had was that the window didn't open (I think it does I just couldn't do it...too weak I guess).

Breakfast in the morning was just enough.

All this for $79 + tax (I think it came to $87). Great deal, but again, just my opinion. We're pretty low maintenance. We would definitely stay here again if given the chance.

Lynn

The hotel I am referring to is on 17th St.-

We stayed there at the end of July and I almost cancelled my booking when I saw some of the negative comments on this board,but they must have stayed at a different hotel to me because I thought it was just fine and GREAT value for $69 on Valutrips.com

They picked us up at the airport a few minutes after I called,and took us to the pier in the am. Our room was big/clean,had a kitchen area with microwave,a seating area and I couldn't find any problems...... the breakfast is cereals/toast/bagels/waffles (make your own) and drinks and it was fine.

The staff were very nice,friendly and helpful each time I asked a question.

You can catch the Sun Trolley bus just across the st and it takes you for a free ride around town to the beach. :)

ML64.....Thanks for reporting back on your experiences! We are glad to hear you had a good report and enjoyed you stay. I hope we get to see a review from you on the CB since we will be sailing on that ship in Dec.

EMDIA43...It is nice to know ahead of time that we can catch the trolly close to the hotel. We are staying a day after our cruise and would like to go to the beach or Las Olas.

Happy Holidays!

You can go to Las Olas and the beach on the Sun Trolley. It's a HOHO bus. (hop on hop off) and they run every few minutes. As you come out of the front of the hotel walk over to the street on the right,there is a ?UPS or FEDEX box there,can't remember which, but the bus stops right there.

It's convenient for walking to restaurants too, I thought it was a good deal. There is a Mexican restaurant across the parking lot and the next one over is an Outback Steakhouse. You can walk to a Publix supermarket also if you need, it's just at the back and then over a large parking lot to the left.

CB is a fabulous ship,you will love it.

Sailing out in the ocean at night under a starry sky,lying on a lounger,watching a movie on MUTS, waiters bringing you hot popcorn and frou-frou drinks.....oh YES.

Archived