Gift Baskets since the new Alcohol rules??

Has anyone personally used or received a gift basket for their cruise since the new alcohol policy?

If you have - was it strictly wine? Or was their any liquor?

The Mariner sailing on Nov 18th is my brother's wedding. I wanted to send a nice basket with wine maybe rum and Bailey's for their morning coffee.

What "gift basket" company was used?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Why don't you order a gift through Royal Caribbean? The have wine and such and they'll deliver it to their cabin. Click on the link below which I got off the RCCL website....

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/landing.do;jsessionid=0000PI1ykT-2upidfLBAT9lmwLO:10ktdmods?pagename=gifts_and_gear&cS=NAVBAR

Enjoy the wedding.

Enchantment2007

They have wine (overpriced and not a very good selection IMHO), but no "such." The OP also wanted to send rum & Bailey's.

There's another thread on this subject today on which somebody reported being able to send Crown in a basket. Do a search & it should come up. Good luck!

We used Wellwishers in October. we got a bottle of rum, a bottle of Vodka and a bottle of Whisky. It was all delivered to the ship, and then the crew delivers it to your stateroom. It was wrapped in clear plastic and it was obvious as to what it was. I asked my sales rep at well wishers why they were allowed and we weren't, and she said that they have to pay a fee to Rccl for every bottle that get delivered.

By the way, if you want to get the hard stuff, you have to call them directly. They only list wine on the website.

We used Wellwishers in October. we got a bottle of rum, a bottle of Vodka and a bottle of Whisky. It was all delivered to the ship, and then the crew delivers it to your stateroom. It was wrapped in clear plastic and it was obvious as to what it was. I asked my sales rep at well wishers why they were allowed and we weren't, and she said that they have to pay a fee to Rccl for every bottle that get delivered.

By the way, if you want to get the hard stuff, you have to call them directly. They only list wine on the website.

Do you remember what they charged for the hard stuff? I am looking at their wine basket for myself but my DH does not like wine.

Do you remember what they charged for the hard stuff? I am looking at their wine basket for myself but my DH does not like wine.

I don't remember their prices for individual items, but we paid $106 including delivery charge for 3 LARGE 1.75 litre bottles. We never even ended up opening the whisky and gave it to someone who didn't have to fly home. And I still spent $536 at the bars. :D :D

Thank you! I think I will use them. How far in advance do I need to order? We won't be going until February but I want to have everything done before January so that I don't have to worry that I have forgotten anything and plus I LOVE to plan :)

Thank you! I think I will use them. How far in advance do I need to order? We won't be going until February but I want to have everything done before January so that I don't have to worry that I have forgotten anything and plus I LOVE to plan :)

I ordered about 4-6 weeks in advance. Just remember that could go away too. Carnival no longer allows liquor to be delivered from those companies. They only allow beer and wine delivery. Too many people were ordering so they put a stop to it, and I imagine it is only a matter of time before RCI stops it too.

I have used Just Because of you in the past and using again in Jan and will continue to use them in the future. Shelley adds wonderful personal touches to the baskets and will even add a card if you send it to her. As far as liquer you will have to call her at 1 800 882 9707 because different ports have different rules and regulations for companies that deliver. Her prices are very resonable and the baskets are just beautiful. You will be very pleased with what you receive from them. They deliver to most ports, but remember that the Cruise lines and the Piers give the Companies the limits of what and how much can be delivered per cabin. The baskets have always been in my room waiting for me when I board. Call her and she can email you a price list if you would like.

We used Shelley and "Just because of you" two weeks ago for our Adventure cruise. We got a bottle of Capt Morgan, a bottle of Smirnoff Vodka, three bottles of wine. The whole package cost approx $91. It arrived nicely wrapped in gift wrap and was in our room upon arrival. We used the wine as gifts to our favorite staff. Shelley is easy to work with and we ordered the week before we cruised. We found her website using a google search.

Thanks.

I read a post about some one griping that it wasn't fair that we the passengers could not bring it on board but the companies could.

I am sure that the "new rules" had nothing to do with passenger safety but were more about money. And from what I've read the companies pay a fee to the cruise lines to deliver the baskets.

Does anyone know the name of the company that is in Canaveral?

Just Because of You does deliver to almost all major ports, you will have to call and ask if they deliver to NJ.....1 800 882 9707.

Yes these companies are charged a delivery fee but it is quite small, I certainly dont miss it in my wallet. In my oppinion for me I feel it is well worth the convienience.:D

Do you happen to know their website?

googling "just because gift baskets" pulls up a million things!

http://www.wellwishers.com

http://justbecause.addictscay.com/

Both are great companies and deliver to the same ports. call and compare prices. p.s. you have to call about liquor. They don't advertise it on their websites.

Do you happen to know their website?

googling "just because gift baskets" pulls up a million things!

http://justbecause.addictscay.com/ Here it is, but there is just sample picture of what they do. You are much better off calling Shelley for a price list it is not on the web site. Her email is very backed up and would prefer customers to call her with any and all questions you may have. Here is the number again 1 800 882 9707.

Has anyone personally used or received a gift basket for their cruise since the new alcohol policy?

If you have - was it strictly wine? Or was their any liquor?

The Mariner sailing on Nov 18th is my brother's wedding. I wanted to send a nice basket with wine maybe rum and Bailey's for their morning coffee.

What "gift basket" company was used?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Just returned from the Freedom sailing 10/29. I use "just because of you" and had 3 bottles of wine delivered. There is 5.00 charge the ship charges to deliver plus the basket cost (50.00), it thought it was an great way to get the bottles on board.

You can have anything delivered up to 3 bottles, much more expensive for rum and bailey's. You can order more than one basket also to get extra bottles. I asked about Godiva liquior, it was close to $30.00 for the bottle, we just snuck that on ourselves without a problem.

I just called Shelley at Just Because of You. Ordered a wine basket with 2 bottles of White Zinfandel and 2 bottles of Beaujolais delivered to the port of Miami for the unbelievable priceof $50.88, sure beats the wine package on board

That's a great deal - I'm going to have to do that! Just remember that they will hit you with a $12 corkage fee if you bring the wine in the bottle to the dining room, so drink it in your cabin or just bring a glass of wine with you.

That's a great deal - I'm going to have to do that! Just remember that they will hit you with a $12 corkage fee if you bring the wine in the bottle to the dining room, so drink it in your cabin or just bring a glass of wine with you.
We always drink it on our balcony and take a glass with us to dinner....they get enough $$ without paying the corkage!

Archived