Best way to spend a day in Grenada?

GloriaF

First time I booked an independent tour and it worked out great. Mandoo was an excellent tour guide. Only complaint was that the windows in the back of the bus rattled so bad that we had a hard time hearing sometimes. Mandoo was accomodating by talking louder but I would sit up front if at all possible. This island had the most hawkers of all the island that we visited on our 10 day cruise but Mandoo made us aware of them in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I just toured with Mandoo in March, he was absolutely the best. His van was clean, comfortable, well maintained. The pride he feels for his island and people shows in all that he does, I came away educated and concerned for the eco system and folks that live there than I ever would have on any other tour. He assisted us with purchases and translations, yet never once pressured anyone to buy anything from the locals, just lended a helping hand when needed. He was informative, polite and a easy to understand. I would highly recommend him - he adjusts the tour to however much time you have. Please listen with your hearts and minds to what he says, you take a bit of the island home with you, instead of just a few pictures or postcards soon forgotten! Buy some of the spices - the aroma and taste can not be beat!

Everything you say is 100% True! And on top of all that, he is one of the smartest individuals you will ever meet. It's amazing to hear his stories about his education and growing up in Grenada. For those of you that go to Grenada and book someone else for your tour, I just don't see how it could be better than Mandoo.

Would this tour be suitable for a 3 year old girl? She will be almost 4, but we would love to do this and are worried that she would be bored?

Thanks!

Olwyn

Just did Mandoos tour on 4/29 with our 4 yr and 2 yr old.What a great trip.Went to the spice plantation,Great Etang lake and the Annadale waterfalls.Mandoo stoped and got us fresh bannanas(best i ever had)Then took our kids with him to the edge of the forest where he called the monkeys out of the trees for our kids to feed.Absolutly unbelievable pictures.Mandoo was very accomodating with the kids,very knowledgable and very passionate about his island.Theres a lot of hawkers on the island at everystop but all seem to know mandoo and most kept there distance knowing this guy is no nonsense.Very proffesional with a great sense of humor who actually enjoys engaging his passengers in debate whether it be politics,the enviroment(his biggest passion)Can't go wrong with this tour.Money well spent and lifetime memorys.Would love to go back and do his tour again.

I think it would be fine to take a child on this tour. Mandoo is so attentive and considerate that he will make you feel comfortable. The only worry you might have is if the children talk or make noise as the other guest are trying to listen to a world of information from Mandoo. That would be my biggest concern.

Grenada was definitely the highlight of my Crown Cruise. Absolutely loved Mandoo. Cannot say enough good things about him. Too bad our time there was so limited. Crown only docks there from 9am - 2pm.

Joanne

I agree that he must be the best guide on that island! He's also an excellent driver too I might add. Even my husband, who really wanted to do the river tubing instead, was really glad that we took that tour. Don't second guess this one!

• 1 month later...

Archived