40 Days 40 Free Cruises from NCL

shoreguy

I've been entering the NCL Birthday contest daily for about ten days (since I read about the contest on these boards :D ). The only question the screen asked, up until today, was whether I was a Consumer or a Travel Agent, the default being Consumer.

Today, I was "tabbing" through the fields and pressed the Submit button. I received an error message that stated I had not answered all the questions. Upon scrolling down, the "Are you a Consumer / TA" question was not filled in. Upon selecting Consumer, three more questions appeared: "Are you a first time crusier?" "If you've been on a cruise before, which cruise line have you sailed with?" And "When do you plan to cruise next?"

Interesting that this appeared today....also interesting that NCL was not one of the choices on the "...which line..." question. Also, if TA is checked, no other questions appear.

Like others, I hope I do not receive any soliciting phone calls -- only the great call informing me that I'm a winner! :D

Does anyone know if NCL is going to have any Happybirthday Celebrations

on thier Ships on the exact day of NCL's birthday? I just noticed that the 40

day 40 free cruises were leading up to thier birthday which by the way is a very neat way to celebrate.

Today, I was "tabbing" through the fields and pressed the Submit button. I received an error message that stated I had not answered all the questions. Upon scrolling down, the "Are you a Consumer / TA" question was not filled in. Upon selecting Consumer, three more questions appeared: "Are you a first time crusier?" "If you've been on a cruise before, which cruise line have you sailed with?" And "When do you plan to cruise next?"

Interesting that this appeared today....also interesting that NCL was not one of the choices on the "...which line..." question. Also, if TA is checked, no other questions appear.

Those questions did not appear this morning when I registered at about 7:15 a.m.. What time did you register.

Sounds like NCL is attempting to create a new potential list of contacts to try and sell to. "Help us celebrate our birthday by giving us a whole list of phone numbers to call and get around the Do not call laws."

Those questions did not appear this morning when I registered at about 7:15 a.m.. What time did you register.

I got those questions for the first time when I did my entry today too. My hubby did his entry from work right after mine and he didn't get them.

Have any of the board "winners" received any "package" in the mail outlining what is offered? I was told the packages were sent out on Fridays.

Carole-Anne

I got mine on Friday. Enclosed was a paper to fill out requesting the dates (1 main and 2 alternate) that I wanted to take the cruise. It also requested my guest's name. According to the paperwork, we had one year to take the cruise and the dates available were from January 2007 to December 2007.

According to the rules posted on the contest site, we had to take the cruise before the end of March, but the paperwork indicated a larger window of opportunity.

The paperwork also said that we were being offered ocean view staterooms, and that no upgrades would be available.

Hope this helps.

Judy

I got mine on Friday. Enclosed was a paper to fill out requesting the dates (1 main and 2 alternate) that I wanted to take the cruise. It also requested my guest's name. According to the paperwork, we had one year to take the cruise and the dates available were from January 2007 to December 2007.

According to the rules posted on the contest site, we had to take the cruise before the end of March, but the paperwork indicated a larger window of opportunity.

The paperwork also said that we were being offered ocean view staterooms, and that no upgrades would be available.

Hope this helps.

Does it say anything about bringing and paying for 3rd and 4th?

Judy

Does it say anything about bringing and paying for 3rd and 4th?

Well' date=' all except for the flight, tax, tips, etc., etc., etc. BUT, you're right ... the room is FREE! I suppose we could take an outside for FREE ... I think ... maybe ... I'm not sure.:o[/font']

~d

and port charges - I think?? I would have tried to work it around another trip that I had airfare for- but OH well doesn't look like my name will be called soon

I've been entering the NCL Birthday contest daily for about ten days (since I read about the contest on these boards :D ). The only question the screen asked, up until today, was whether I was a Consumer or a Travel Agent, the default being Consumer.

Like others, I hope I do not receive any soliciting phone calls -- only the great call informing me that I'm a winner! :D

I just got all of the same questions?!? For the first time:confused:

I have not received any phone calls.

I Just submitted my entry for today's chance for a free cruise, underneath the winner's name it says: Sorry, Monte you're not a winner again.

Could they be talking about Monte from CC? How could this be?

I wonder how many winners were CC members?

(Monte, I hope you win...)

Here is the list of names announced daily:

November 8, Thomas Mollick (M)

November 9, Roxanne Wasson (F)

November 10, Caroline Conneely (F)

November 11, Stephen Tenyak (M)

November 12, Judy Lemrick (F)

November 13, Suzanne Chesney (F)

November 14, Brittany Ogle (F)

November 15, Mary Gerke (F)

November 16, Danny Haynes (M)

November 17, Shannon Verwey (F)

November 18, Gary Walker (M)

November 19, Carole Ann Bowers (F)

November 20, Cindy Schwemin (F)

November 21, Dawn Uncapher (F)

November 22, Stephanie McCormack (F)

November 23, Kathryn Portal (F)

November 24, Laura Poncik (F)

November 25, Patti Wong (F)

November 26, Keith Brown (M)

November 27, Janis Serrano (F)

November 28, Suzan Cumberland (F)

November 29, Donna Vaughan (F)

November 30, Dennis Anderson (M)

December 1, Thomas Mollis (M)

December 2, Evelyn Pacheco (F)

December 3, Philipp Fiesser (M)

December 4, Joe Eddy (M)

December 5, Norma Houghton (F)

28 down and 12 more to go.

Today, after entering this contest everyday, and hitting the "remember me" part of the web site everyday, the web site finally remembered me when I went on it. I didn't have to enter all my information again. It only took 28 days for that part to work. And no, I did not change any of my cookie settings for this to happen. It just did. Now if only they could pick my name.

When I opened up the quiz this morning and saw my name I started to get excited...... then I noticed the last name. They must have spelled it wrong. I had hoped my birthday yesterday they were giving me my present a day late. oh well...I will try again tomorrow. I also got that message and there were 3 more questions. Maybe we are the next ones.....1 can only hope.

THe questions came up today when I registered. Funny how it has been 25 days before they did. NCL must not have been getting enough contact information from the registrations prior.

At least two of the people that I had told about the contest and had been entering are no longer entering because they now feel that the contest is just an "underhanded attempt" (as one put it) on NCL's part to get information in order to solicit them. One is really ticked off and now said they won't sail with NCL.

Personally I have several questions about it:

1.) Why after 25 days?

2.) Why isn't NCL one of the choices for lines cruised? I had to answer "other" since NCL is not a choice.

3.) I also emailed all of my friends who I have told to answer either "never" or "3 years" to the question about when you are going to cruise next in an attempt to keep NCL from bothering them with sales calls.

Only NCL Customer Service can take a positive thing like this contest and celebration and turn into something negative and use it as a trick to get personel information on people. Its sad that NCL corporate is so dumb because their ships are really great.

Yes, I still enter, but I know I will never win for two reasons: 1.) I'm sure NCL hates me (and I don't care) and 2.) I never win anything....unluckiest person in the world...lol

3.) I also emailed all of my friends who I have told to answer either "never" or "3 years" to the question about when you are going to cruise next in an attempt to keep NCL from bothering them with sales calls.

Those are probably the best people to target.

I'm still entering the contest, mostly because I never win anything so I always keep trying. But it is intriguing that NCL has changed the rules in the middle of the contest. Where is Shoreguy when we need him? Somebody needs to step up to bat and get to the bottom of this!

I Just submitted my entry for today's chance for a free cruise, underneath the winner's name it says: Sorry, Monte you're not a winner again.

Could they be talking about Monte from CC? How could this be?

I wonder how many winners were CC members?

(Monte, I hope you win...)

I posted a while back that I'd look at the name of yesterdays winner & it would say that. Someone at NCL has a good sense of humor (I like that in a company) and they obviously do read this board.

Honestly, I didn't win for my birthday & today is my 25th Wedding Anniversary. I was gonna take my wife on the free cruise of the anniversary, but as I didn't win AGAIN. ;)

I need a quick suggestion for something to buy the wife. HELP-I'm a guy (meaning I'm clueless about wife gifts-except that they cannot plug in!)

Thanks NCL-even the wife thought the comment was a laugh.

-Monte

Archived