Grand or Crown

ddpe

Those of you who might have recently sailed on both ships - can you tell me which one you like better and why? I am trying to chose between two cruises and am a little worried about the Grand's age.

The parts we like about cruising - small lounge entertainment such as comedians, passenger game shows, high quality food, trivia, and the balcony cabins.

Any thoughts?

There's no need to worry that Grand Princess is older. She's still young in ship terms. Also, the ship has just had a drydock period in Italy that ended a few days ago.

Crown Princess will certainly have a much better MUTS installation. It's an add-on to the Grand Princess and certainly looks like the afterthought it is. Crown Princess has an extra deck of cabins so there will be 500 more passengers compared to the Grand.

We've sailed both, although we were on the Grand when it was new. We sailed the Crown Princess this summer and she is gorgeous. Service was fantastic, food was wonderful and the whole experience was great. We had a balcony cabin on Caribe deck, it was very large and half of it was covered. If you book the Crown, don't miss the International Cafe in the atrium.

Lola in Hamilton

I have sailed on both and I would chose to go on the Crown again over the Grand. I thought the service and food were better on the Crown as well as some of the changes/improvements that have been made to her. The Grand does hold fewer passengers but she was the first of this class and I think Princess improved with each other ship they built after her. (I have also sailed on the Golden and the Caribbean.)

I would go first by itinerary and price. I love the Grand and Golden, but this year I will do the Crown because of the itinerary, Also it will be a change of pace to have some new features to enjoy.

500 people is a factor for some cruisers, so keep that difference in mind.

Also what is important it you ? For some, it may be Muts, for others the absence of MUTS is a plus !

The features that you stated you enjoy are on both. These ships are close relatives.

Thanks everyone for your replies - very helpful especially knowing that she has undergone a dock recently. My husband and I will have to duke it out on this one because we each favor the a different itinerary.

Thanks for being so helpful.

Archived