Outerwear suggestions???

lucia1024

I bought a fleece lined rain suit from Cabelas for our trip in 2004 ,my DH had me order one for him for 2007.The # lg-92-2236-we bought jacket and pants..you might also want ear grips.They fit at the back of your neck,doesn't mess your hair up.#lg-97-0606

I'm also planning to buy some of those "space bags" that you roll to remove all the air in an attempt to pack in fewer suit cases :)

What a great idea! Thanks Kruisecat! I was wondering how I was going to fit all this warmer clothing... :) I can easily fill up more than one suitcase on a Caribbean cruise, so I was a little worried about the Alaskan cruise. haha

Thanks for the tip! :)

I live in NW Iowa. Winters can get pretty cold here and I hate cold weather. I purchased a Starter Fleece at Wal-Mart for $15.00. I have had the more expensive ones also but they have all gone to college with my kids. It was 38 degrees yesterday and my husband and I were putting up the christmas lights. I had on a sweatshirt, the fleece, gloves and a headband. My upper body was extremely warm. I will take this inexpensive fleece with and layer it with a hooded sweatshirt (my neck got cold). It was more than warm enough and just as nice as some of the more expensive ones.

JMHO.

Love the link on the type of fleece vest/jacket everyone is talking about, but my question has to do with my shoes. I agree that once you get cold and wet, it is a miserable feeling! As I am a sneakers type of girl, will I need a different type of shoe for my cruise leaving Vancouver 6/29?

My DH and I are not the physical types, so no hiking for us. We do like to walk about town, and we plan on a Captain Larry trip and a Flightseeing trip. I don't want to be miserable because my sneakers are wet and slippery.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! I definitely feel better educated on this subject now, and really appreciate the Lands End link. Is there really a reason to pack a blanket - in an emergency, wouldn't there be one on my bed I could use on the deck?

Hi! I moved to the NW from Texas and I thought I would freeze the first winter so be prepared! Your body is not accustomed to this type of weather so when someone tells you don't bring a coat they may be used to cold weather.

The one thing I have learned is to wear Cuddle Duds. They are thin long handled undergarments. They feel really great under jeans and you will stay dry and warm. I rarely have wore the Cuddle Dud shirts because you can wear turtle neck, sweat shirt and jacket and be fine. Also do not forget socks. NOT cotton but wool blend. IF your feet get cold the rest of you will be miserable. Wait till after Christmas and get online with Kelly Hansen, Columbia Sportswear and Lands End and you will find great buys.

We love the NW!

Have fun shopping!

Megan's Mamaw

Archived