OMG! I look fat in one of my formal dresses!

lovebug33

But I SO know how we see ourselves isn't always how others perceive us.

I would NOT get a jacket, but instead a pashima (shawl).

I agree w/ the bra analysis. Oprah said 80% of women wear the wrong size. I saw some amazing differences when the ladies wore the right size. I had a formal measurement (just at your local department store). I had always worn 38C. Found out I was a 34DDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHAT??!!:eek:

Of course, impossible size to find. But if I do a 36DD (MUCH easier to find), and a bra w/ LIFT, I am amazed how much thinner I look.

Congrats on the weight loss... if you tummy bothers you (I know mine does!), have you tried SPANX? Kind of a girdle, but spanx is so much more hip! It does smooth things out & hold things in nicely.

Personally I think it is a lovely photo--HONESTLY!:p

But thought I'd offer some fit tips.

Kris

PS Photographer tips from the "stars"--throw your shoulders back, and tip your chin up a tad. Side angle over your shoulder is most flattering.

Geez.. I happen to think that you have a very nice picture there.. I agree the smile draws you in. I also really like how the photographer positioned the two of you. One of my favorite cruise pictures is of my husabnd sitting down and me standing behind him and a bit to the side.. Maybe you can try this pose.

Besides, no matter how much weight I have lost half the time when I look at pictures I think I am too fat! We are so critical of ourselves.

Isn't it funny how pictures can change our whole opinion of an outfut? My first cruise I wore a pair of capris that were made of cotton and just a little spandex.

They were not real tight, but had some stretch to them. I thought I looked sooooo good in them ...heheheh...well when I saw the picture they took when we boarded, I wanted to die! I looked like a beached whale (I am 5 foot 5 and weight 130 lbs). I had to buy up that picture to ensure it would be destroyed!

momofmeg- I LOVE your idea to have someone take a picture of a new outfit so you can return it if you dont like it.

That is why I lay out in the sun all the time!!!!!!! (But it doesn't work)

well you see how fair I am! My skin obviously came from my mostly irish redheaded mother! Just my hair and eyes are like my dad with his native american heritage!

I gave up sunbathing years ago-when at age 30 I noticed the beginnings of crow's feet from squinting in the sun! Too vain I guess.

Joyce, "fat" is a relative term I guess-in my case the correct term is overweight-as I am 10 pounds above what the charts say I should be-and believe me it is all around my mid section! I don't worry too much though as my doc says it is not enough to worsten my diabetes. BTW-you were the young and pretty one in your phots-no way do you look your age-both you and Jennifer look much younger then you really are-and I like you as a blond!

Thank you for your help and nice comments! I am going to get a jacket. I've worn the dress before but never had pictures taken in it (I wore it to a wedding). Everybody said it looks nice and I am 15 pounds lighter, but those pictures just shocked me! I liked the other dress better, though, so maybe I just won't buy any pictures of me in that dress!

I think you have made the right choice! It will also make you feel so much more comfortable. :p

Have a wonderful cruise

Isn't it funny how pictures can change our whole opinion of an outfut? My first cruise I wore a pair of capris that were made of cotton and just a little spandex.

They were not real tight, but had some stretch to them. I thought I looked sooooo good in them ...heheheh...well when I saw the picture they took when we boarded, I wanted to die! I looked like a beached whale (I am 5 foot 5 and weight 130 lbs). I had to buy up that picture to ensure it would be destroyed!

momofmeg- I LOVE your idea to have someone take a picture of a new outfit so you can return it if you dont like it.

These threads always go a bit off topic after a while. On your next cruise, ask where the photo discard bin is located. You can just have the bad photos trashed right away, no need to buy them ;) .

Archived