Cave Tubing Question??

TiaGr

What do we need to bring on this trip? (i.e.) Gym Shoes, Water shoes, towels?? Do they have lockers for you? We are going with Coral Breeze, any answers would be helpful!!

I did the Cave Tubing (through NCL). It was AWESOME! I'm not sure at what point in the river Coral Breeze takes you. Where they took us was an area that had outside "lockers" (cages with locks on them), bathroom & changing facilities and a restaurant to get a bite to eat and drink. This is also where all the equipment (tubes, headlamps, life jackets, etc) were stored.

You definitely want to bring these items :

- Footwear that can stand being absolutely soaked and muddy, but keep your feet covered. I wore the strapless water sandals and got bitten by ants while walking through the jungle -they are vicious!. I had to keep my feet moving at all times to avoid them attacking me.

- Insect repellent

- Camera (our tour guides held them in a water tight sack for everyone)

- Bathing suit and cover up clothing (water is very cool)

- Sunscreen (we came out of the caves at 2 different points)

- Towel & change of clothing - long bus drive to/from site.

I just returned from my cruise, did cave tubing with Wet n Wild. All we brought were water shoes (buy em before you leave home, they are $20 on the ship), towels, and a camera. We didn't wish we had brought anything else. Don't wear flip-flops or sandals. They are no good for walking through the jungle.

We did cave tubing with X-Stream and with them we did take a towel and change of clothes. We wore an old pair of sneakers and I think these are better than water shoes because you'll be walking on tree roots and stones through the rain forest, and they can be felt through the soles of your shoes. With X-Stream we were able to leave our wallets and extra clothes and towels in a locked van that was guarded. I haven't heard anything about Coral Breezes.

Be sure to take a waterproof camera with a flash. You can pick one up at Target for around $20. You will need the flash when you're inside the cave.:D

Archived