Marriott Reach Resort Question

twinkletoes4445

I've done a little looking around the Internet, and so far, I don't find many hotels which are right on the beach. It looks like the Marriott Reach Resort is...

Has anyone stayed (or visited) this hotel? We are going to have two college age kids with us, and they want to hang at the beach all day. We want to do the trolley and other things. We are looking for something like the hotel set-up on Grand Cayman....Walk out the door to the pool and the water.

Any other suggestions?

We had use of the beach there as a perk of one of the bed & breakfasts we stayed at in Key West. From what I recall, the hotel is right on the beach (one of the few in Key West) & it seemed very nice. We just lounged on the chairs & swam for a bit. I could be wrong, but I think the clothing optional resort/beach will be to your right as you face the ocean. It was to the right either at this hotel or the other former Marriott Casa Marina, which is now something else.

Thanks for the info! I had no idea there weren't more hotels on the beach (and more beaches), in Key West. All my college kids want to do...is swim, lounge in the sun, and eat...so this hotel is perfect for them!

We want to see the sights, so will will venture out without them. Thanks for the tip on the clothing optional beach.... :)

Unlike other places in Florida, their are no natural beaches in the Keys...the natural surface at the waterline is very rocky...hence not many hotels on the beach...that being said, the Reach and the Casa (it is still the Casa Marina) both do...I think when you stay at one you have access to both properties, they are both run by Wyndam. The other thing you should be prepared for is seaweed...dependin on the time of year, how long ago a storm went by, etc, there can be a great deal of seaweed....never a problem in the pool! Regarding the clothing optional hotel...that would be the Atlantic Shores...it is located to the right of the Reach as you face the ocean....their pool is behind a fence and there new rules require "bottoms up" when you walk to the bar to get a drink so your kiddies shouldn't see anything you don't want them to.

Clay - a key west local

• 2 weeks later...
Unlike other places in Florida, their are no natural beaches in the Keys...the natural surface at the waterline is very rocky...hence not many hotels on the beach...that being said, the Reach and the Casa (it is still the Casa Marina) both do...I think when you stay at one you have access to both properties, they are both run by Wyndam. The other thing you should be prepared for is seaweed...dependin on the time of year, how long ago a storm went by, etc, there can be a great deal of seaweed....never a problem in the pool! Regarding the clothing optional hotel...that would be the Atlantic Shores...it is located to the right of the Reach as you face the ocean....their pool is behind a fence and there new rules require "bottoms up" when you walk to the bar to get a drink so your kiddies shouldn't see anything you don't want them to.

Clay - a key west local

Thanks for the information...Thankfully, my kids are not kids at all...they are in college, so if they see a naked person or two, oh well....It's my hubby that will probably be hanging on the fence looking in!! He's a handful! LOL

Archived