Check your Itinerary Often!

MIcruiser99

I just looked at my itinerary for January and they changed our return flight. The first leg was changed from morning to afternoon so we get into Orlando at 3:50 pm and our second leg leaves at 1:50 pm!

I called and asked them how I was going to accomplish that miracle! They switched our flight but she cautioned me to keep checking as they would probably change times yet again!

This is, unfortunately, all too common with airlines.

If this happens, you are owed a free change of itineraries (on the same airline or codeshare flights) to get to your destination. Granted you won't be able to change your flight from a Sunday to a Friday, but you are able to book to an earlier/later flight on the same day at no additional cost to you.

There's been some threads about this already. Just do a search in Cruise Air and you'll be bound to find them.

It is because I was reading other threads that I have been checking my itinerary.

They changed the flight without additional cost for the same day.

I just wanted to warn others how important it is to check it.

My mom just checked hers and her flight now leaves and hour earlier! That would be a shock if you didn't check before!

My return flights (from Princess) have changed twice since they first showed up on the website. I check everyday now to be sure they have not changed again. It is a pain to keep checking that you have seats & your Frquent flier numbers are entered.

Paul

I'm curious as to what airline this is. Most airlines automatically email any changes and there's no need to continually keep checking it yourself.

Which airlines have sent you the info?

I'm just curious because the only airline that I've seen proactively alert you of schedule changes is American (granted of course if you've provided contact info). I've had several occassions on other carriers where I've signed up for every imaginable alert (via phone, e-mail, pager, carrier-pigeon, coded smoke signals) only never to have anything come through. The most significant change I had once was a direct flight that got discontinued and being automatically rebooked on a flight that left & arrived 4 hours later than my orignal itinerary.

I'm curious as to what airline this is. Most airlines automatically email any changes and there's no need to continually keep checking it yourself.

My flight is on Delta, my mom's is on airtran. I can sign up for the email alerts but I guess that I like to be in charge and check it myself!

I agree with checking on a regular bases, Delta had messed with our return flight it was the Atlanta to Salt Lake City leg so last Friday November 10th we went down to our ta and got it sorted out. Well I was checking my reservations last Saturday and Delta decided that day to mess with the Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta portion, so back to the ta on Monday. As a result of Delta messing so much with our return flights and we have a excursion booked to go on the Everglades by airboat we are now staying overnight in Fort Lauderdale and flying out Monday morning on a direct flight Fort Lauderdale to Salt Lake City.

Lets see how long it takes for Delta to mess with the outbound flights to Fort Lauderdale it a good job we are flying in the day before.

Christine

I have a flight booked to Orlando next month on Delta They have changed my outgoing flight 4 times in the past month and the return flight 3 times. They've also changed my FLL flight for my cruise in Feb. several times. Even though I'm signed up for email notification, didn't receive one notification. I was booking another flight online and just happened to check my other itineraries. It's really a pain when the Delta does this because when they changed the flights, at least on mine, they don't reassign the seats. Need to really be prudent about double checking and frequently!

My TA just e-mailed me this morning to tell me that Northwest should be contacting me by e-mail with changes to our flights in Jan.

I haven't gotten anything yet.

I asked her about the itinerary that she originally e-mailed me and she said that won't be valid any longer because those flights have been changed...???

I guess I'll wait to get that e-mail from Northwest and if I don't get it I'll contact her tomorrow.

I got a call from Delta yesterday saying my return flight has changed and they will have to put me on a different flight. The flight they want to change me to does not work time wise for me. I checked their website to see if there were any others that work, and no, there aren't.

What will they do to help me? Will they cancel my return flight at no cost to me and allow me to book through another carrier? Will they cancel both flights? I don't know what to ask for.

I'm pretty annoyed right now, and I do understand that things change, but I chose that particular flight because of the times.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

It is very common for airlines to change flight times and/or flight numbers constantly. I always check periodically when I am able to book in advance (almost never for business travel). Last year, our flight changed at least 5 times from the time we booked until departure- not only time but flight number as well. The airline did change us to a different flight at one point because the time changed so drastically from original time.

One very worthwhile thing to do is sign up for flight alerts with your airline. You can be contacted by email for advance changes but I also receive alerts via phone as much as 2 days before travel for major changes. This has saved me countless times, last year I only had email alert and for some reason, I decided to check email late at night before departure and found that our outbound flight was cancelled (12 hours before departure) due to snow forecast for the next day. Good thing I checked because they cancelled mid day and later flights but we were able to get onto morning flight. Of course, if I had not checked we would have arrived for our afternoon flight only to find that they were all cancelled.

The bottom line is, check periodically just to insure you get no big surprises and sign up for alerts via email and phone where possible.

I got a call from Delta yesterday saying my return flight has changed and they will have to put me on a different flight. The flight they want to change me to does not work time wise for me. I checked their website to see if there were any others that work, and no, there aren't.

What will they do to help me? Will they cancel my return flight at no cost to me and allow me to book through another carrier? Will they cancel both flights? I don't know what to ask for.

I'm pretty annoyed right now, and I do understand that things change, but I chose that particular flight because of the times.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I personally haven't experienced a flight time change with Delta that wouldn't accommodate my plans. However, If I were in your situation, I would first check other carriers to make sure you can get a round trip flight that works for you. I'm assuming you booked a round trip ticket to begin with. (You don't want to break up this trip keeping the outgoing on Delta and a return flight one wayon another carrier.) Then I'd call Delta and tell them since they changed the flight and there are no other flights available that work for you that you want your money refunded...not a credit towards a future flight. When Delta makes the changes to flight times they will not charge you any change fees or increase in price to change to a flight that works for you. I wouldn't hesitate at all to ask for a refund if their flight changes don't work for my itinerary and there's nothing else available. I'm not up on all the refund rules, but I'm betting you would be entitled to it. I'd be interested in knowing how this works out for you. :)

I'd be interested in knowing how this works out for you. :)

Well, good news! They refunded my money with no hassle at all. I mean NO HASSLE AT ALL! I was shocked and impressed. Although I sat waiting listening to music on hold for 30 minutes, it was well worth it. I tried changing flights to a different time, and the one that I wanted was already booked, so no go with that. I then asked if I could get refunded and with no hesitation was transferred to another department. 5 minutes later I was off the phone with Delta, with my reservation cancelled, and with the information that my credit card would see the credit in a few days.

:D

Just booked with Jet Blue for approximately the same price and better times (even a direct flight on the way down!)

I fly on Delta at least once a year. They are notorious for changing your flight number or time without notifying you. I have signed up for email notification and have as of yet to receive one. And yes, they don't carry over your seat assignments which really annoys me!

Best thing to do is to check yourself OFTEN! And if the email or cell phone notification works, then so much the better.

Well, good news! They refunded my money with no hassle at all. I mean NO HASSLE AT ALL! I was shocked and impressed. Although I sat waiting listening to music on hold for 30 minutes, it was well worth it. I tried changing flights to a different time, and the one that I wanted was already booked, so no go with that. I then asked if I could get refunded and with no hesitation was transferred to another department. 5 minutes later I was off the phone with Delta, with my reservation cancelled, and with the information that my credit card would see the credit in a few days.

Just booked with Jet Blue for approximately the same price and better times (even a direct flight on the way down!)

Good for you! I'm glad it all worked out. :)

US Airways just changed alot of flights for March 07. I was checking my reserved flights and found the changes. They put us on a flight from New Orleans that gets into Detroit at midnight. After calling the reservation line we now get to Detroit at 7:30pm. CHECK YOUR FLIGHTS REGULARLY.

We fly delta on a regular basis and when they change your flight times, when you pull up your reservation on there site it shows the original flight and the new one. We have always had the same seats, we just couldn't see them until I ask for the 800 # to clean up my record, once that is done my seats show up for the new flight time. The only time this won't work is if they change the equipment.

Tom

Archived