Canopy Adv-Zip Line

Washingtonian

We're looking at doing the Canopy (zip-line) acventure in Roatan. Anyone who has done a zip-line we'd like to hear back from you. We're thinking it looks like fun - but we're a little older....................

Any helpful hints would also be appreciated. Thank you!

The zip line IS a lot of fun. We are "older"- 62 and 60 and will do our 4th zip line at Palmetto Bay. Our daughter has done the one in Palmetto Bay and said it was great. That is the main reason we wanted to cruise to Roatan. So far we have zipped in Ocho Rios, Puerta Vallarta, Costa Rica and in January we will do Roatan. The only tip is to have fun.

Why dont you try the palmetto zip lines, the good thing about them is that they have really good guides filled with a lot of pasion for this sport and they make sure that at the end of the day everyone makes this tour the high light of their trip. Dont make age a barrier for having fun because fun is for everyone and at palmetto they are ready to show you fun. So dont think twice roatanjungle@yahoo

Hello,

we have zipped before and are planning on zipping in Rotan. We have narrowed it down to 2. Palmetto Bay and South Shore. I have herd Palmetto is very difficult.. We really don't want to be wiped out the next day, as we are busy the next day at Belieze.. South shore sounded good and not as strenous.

Any comments would be helpful..

thanks,

paula

Hello,

we have zipped before and are planning on zipping in Rotan. We have narrowed it down to 2. Palmetto Bay and South Shore. I have herd Palmetto is very difficult.. We really don't want to be wiped out the next day, as we are busy the next day at Belieze.. South shore sounded good and not as strenous.

Any comments would be helpful..

thanks,

paula

We did South Shore in Oct and we loved it. About 13 platforms, only ziplining involved no bridges. It was great fun and we felt very safe. No real work involved just great views and zipping from tree to tree. Cost was 35/person. We spent the day with Juan Carlos and this was one of our many stops. I have not been to Palmetto Bay so I can not compare the two.

We did South Shore in Oct and we loved it. About 13 platforms, only ziplining involved no bridges. It was great fun and we felt very safe. No real work involved just great views and zipping from tree to tree. Cost was 35/person. We spent the day with Juan Carlos and this was one of our many stops. I have not been to Palmetto Bay so I can not compare the two.

Thanks for your review. We are going to South Shore with Juan Carlos in a few short weeks. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed South Shore. Where else did you go with Juan Carlos?

The good thing about the palmetto zip lines is that you have the option of doing their original tour that has 13 zip line, 6 different bridges and a wall climbing or you have the OTHER OPTION OF ONLY DOING THE ZIP LINES, WHEN YOU ONLY GO FOR THE ZIP LINES YOU GO THROUGH 19 ZIPLINES. remember the palmetto zip lines is less stressful because you dont have to stop your self with a hand break, at the palmetto the ziplines were design to slow you down once you get to the platfom where a guide is waiting to stop you. roatanjungle@yahoo

Its funny what you say about the best scenery i always though you had to see the place to give an opinion. When it comes to scenery the palmetto has something unique all the zip lines are over a creek of running water and surounded by a natural vegetation of african palms and many other trees. The palmetto zip lines with their new option of only doing the zip lines could be consider the less strenous and less difficult canopy you can do on the island. Remember at the other two canopy you have to use a hand break which its really stressful and can be difficult because when you´re kind of heavy you have to use alot of streght to stop yourself. You don´t use a hand break at the palmetto zip line

Paula,

South Shore is also adding a small little park with monkeys and birds soon to come......

Do you know when they will have the monkeys? We will be there Dec.27. Cyntia and Diana are taking us around and we told them we wanted to do the zip, the beach and play with the monkeys. Can we do all this at south shore or do we have to do gumbalimba through the ship? Also do you know if the ship time is diffrent than the port time?

Thanks for your review. We are going to South Shore with Juan Carlos in a few short weeks. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed South Shore. Where else did you go with Juan Carlos?

South Shore ziplining.

West End for snorkeling and lunch.

Iguana Farm, wasn't too excited about this stop but it was cool to see hundreds of them. Glad we went after all.

Fantasy Island to see and feed the monkeys on the beach.

One stop for shopping.

Juan Carlos was a great guide, you will enjoy your day with him!! Kay

Several of you have commented that one location is more strenous than others. Is this simply because of the hand stop/break or are there other reasons that one is more strenous than the other? We are a very active couple and the more invigorating the activity the better!

Also, how do you get ahold of Juan Carlos?

Thanks.

The palmetto zip line is known to be more strenous because it has 6 hanging bridges and a wall climbing. They still have their original tour where they offer 13 zip lines, 6 bridges and a wall climbing or you could do their new option where youonly to the zip lines. When you only do the zip lines you go through 18 zip lines

I guess you must be an employee that you have so much expert opinion on this stuff.

I second this statement!

OK, no beating around the bush. I think it's extremely obvious that Canopyman works for or is the owner of the Palmetto Zipline. Every post of his is specifically about Palmetto. You're selling it pretty hard Canopyman!

How about an explanation? It's really nice when people are upfront about who they are and the company they represent on these boards like Captain Van. He comes across very sincere about trying to help cruise visitors. I hope you don't turn people off and loose any business.

I can't believe the powers to be allow Canopyman and hiyarelease to be on so many threads bickering back and forth on who has the best canopy line tour. They say the same stuff over and over. Anyone can tell they are trying to promote their own business which I thought wasn't allowed. They restrict TA's from promoting their business. Should apply the same rules to these two.

• 2 weeks later...

TherapyCruise - we are on the same cruise at you (Valor, week of 12/24). It sounds like you are doing what we are hoping to do - ziplining at south shore canopy, beach/snorkeling, and seeing monkeys. Do you know if Diane and Cinthia are full for that day? Also, how much are they charging? Thanks!

TherapyCruise - we are on the same cruise at you (Valor, week of 12/24). It sounds like you are doing what we are hoping to do - ziplining at south shore canopy, beach/snorkeling, and seeing monkeys. Do you know if Diane and Cinthia are full for that day? Also, how much are they charging? Thanks!

They quoted $15 a person because We are a group of 15,otherwise I beleive it is $20 pp. I think they have alot of family members who also work for the buisness and take people out so you should Try to e-mail them at roatancabs.com. How many are in your group? If they can't, try victor bodden, I have read alot of good things about them aswell. Let me know what you find out. We have a roll call, we are probably meeting at the pool bar at 5:30 for a cocktail if you would like to come.

Archived