Please Can Someone Help?

bandit0000

Hi,

I have seen rather a good offer for the Noordam in March and wondered if this cruise line would suit me?

I have been told my a TA that I am too young for HAL, but wondered if you experienced HAL cruisers could advise me.

I am 35, been on 13 cruises in the past, Celebrity, RCL, NCL, Carnival, Princess, to name a few.

Normally Celebrity is my favourite, but just off the Century & was disappointed with the lack of holiday atmosphere.

So please tell me, what is the entertainment like, food, activities like?

With appreciation,

Lisa:)

Lisa......I'm curious what sort of Holiday atmosphere you were expecting for the beginning of November? Thanksgiving isn't until next week and Halloween has come and gone. Certainly too early for holiday decorations to have yet been up.

If you wish a party hearty atmosphere, you would not like HAL.

If you like an elegant, tasteful, gracious experience with wonderful, friendly, sincere service, you'll love HAL.

You will absolutely see senior folks on every cruise line including HAL. The longer the cruise, the more apt to see larger numbers of retirement aged people. They have the time that younger, working people with young families don't have.

We think the food on HAL to far exceed Celebrity, RCI and Princess but that is just the opinion of me and DH. Food is so subjective, others may disagree.

Lisa......I'm curious what sort of Holiday atmosphere you were expecting for the beginning of November? Thanksgiving isn't until next week and Halloween has come and gone. Certainly too early for holiday decorations to have yet been up.

Sail: my guess is that since she's from UK she's using "holiday" as we would "vacation". :D

Hi,

Sorry, by holiday atmoshere, I meant in general, vacation, happy, jolly atmosphere. Very little day time activies ie. band playing around the pool etc.

No deck BBQ's or anything like that, very quiet & quite a few people (older) we spoke to thought the same. Not had this on other X ships, so hopefully just a one off.

Yes I do like the finer things in life, sophisticated atmosphere etc, but also like to enjoy music & dancing, BBQ's & light entertainment.

Do HAL offer all this?

Many thanks,

Lisa

Holland American Line, Inc., Is one of, if not,the Worlds Best. Not just my opinion..they have again won many awards for just that. Best in so many categoires as well.

A holidday is like life and love what we do make of it.

You come from a wonderful shire there and such would IMHO enjoy and appreciate the ms Noordam IV immensely.

But please take a waring warning... once you step aboard her you may never return to the other cruise lines again...

Food is so very subjective but we just came off a beautiful looking ship from RCL:NYSE going to Bermuda again..that one thing HAL doesnt and SHOULD (IMHO) have again.. but this nice looking ship had the Worst Grub I ever had on any Ship ever. So much so We called/call it the SLOP line...

We are going back aboard the ms Noordam IV again in a few days on BLACK SATURDAY 11/25/2006 AD again. So you have ta know we do like that ship !!

Now the ship is near fully booked with only a meere few inside cabins left.. that the first ship since the Inagural of 02/22/2006 AD went pretty near full too. We went in March on the 4th Voyage then.

All I can say is Happy HAL SHIP to you.. It is a Dam good ship and crewed so very well Maam.

Listen to Sail7 Seas she will never lead you astray!

!^!^!^

Hi,

I have seen rather a good offer for the Noordam in March and wondered if this cruise line would suit me?

I have been told my a TA that I am too young for HAL, but wondered if you experienced HAL cruisers could advise me.

I am 35, been on 13 cruises in the past, Celebrity, RCL, NCL, Carnival, Princess, to name a few.

Normally Celebrity is my favourite, but just off the Century & was disappointed with the lack of holiday atmosphere.

So please tell me, what is the entertainment like, food, activities like?

With appreciation,

Lisa:)

I'm 40 and my hubby and I had a good time on HAL in Alaska last May ... part of what I enjoyed was the young and young-at-heart crew onboard. We're not really partiers, so not hanging out for the bands, etc, though. I enjoyed the food, and liked it a little better than Celebrity, although the waiters weren't as good. Also, in Alaska we just hung out in the Crow's nest watching the scenery.

I have been told my a TA that I am too young for HAL.
Get another TA who knows what they are talking about. HAL does have a higher number of, uh, mature cruisers on it but it's not the floating nursing home that some TA's claim. These people have been places, can keep a conversation going and don't chew gum at the table. Also, the age range on HAL does vary, surprise surprise, depending on length of trip and time of year. There are nightspots around the ship and a disco in the Crow's Nest at night. True, the ship is quieter at night, but you can find places where it's more active.

I was about 40 when I took my first cruise, somewhat kicking and screaming up the gangplank (my mother insisted). My 18th HAL cruise is coming up in four months and 3.6 weeks. I dreamed about it last night; the ship was just leaving the dock when the phone rang and woke me up.

One more thing: I have found that many, if not most, of the on-deck activities seem aimed at the younger crowd. They tend to be just a bit louder, more active and upbeat. Shuffleboard, on the other hand, is on the top deck away from all this...

[b

You come from a wonderful shire there and such would IMHO enjoy and appreciate the ms Noordam IV immensely.

Speaking as a fellow ex- Nottinghamian, I agree that you will like it Lisa.

Thanks AAAA for the rah rah for our county...........jean:cool:

[b

Speaking as a fellow ex- Nottinghamian, I agree that you will like it Lisa.

Thanks AAAA for the rah rah for our county...........jean:cool:

Wow its a small world isn't it! Where abouts in Nottingham are you from?

Regards,

Lisa

Hello Lisa, I was born in Newstead, and moved to Nottm as a child. We live in Bobbers Mill. My sister lives in Keyworth and my niece in Cotgrave. I went to the Manning school for girls before it all changed. Where are you from?..........jean:cool:

Lisa --

I did a cruise diary, which is now back on page 9 of this board. At the end, there is a 7-part review (by category). I don't know if the review would be helpful at this point --I always wonder if reviews are helpful at all-- but you could always give it a look. Check out the very end of that thread and you will see the seven separate posts; they are named and numbered appropriately. The first part of the thread will not be helpful, as it is just a daily diary.

Hello Lisa, I was born in Newstead, and moved to Nottm as a child. We live in Bobbers Mill. My sister lives in Keyworth and my niece in Cotgrave. I went to the Manning school for girls before it all changed. Where are you from?..........jean:cool:

Hi Jean,

We are from Ravenshead, so not far at all from Newstead. I went to Hucknall National School & my partner went to Holgate.

Regards,

Lisa

Archived