Wait listed excursions

Dawgncal

I am sure this has been asked here many times, but since I am new I will ask it again. We pre registered for an excursion in the Grand Caymans that shows us wait listed. My questions are:

1. Is there a way of telling how many are wait listed before me?
  2. What are the chances of getting on the excursion given that our cruise isn't until January?
  3. Should I book a back up cruise?

Thanks for you help:cool:

I am sure this has been asked here many times, but since I am new I will ask it again. We pre registered for an excursion in the Grand Caymans that shows us wait listed. My questions are:

1. Is there a way of telling how many are wait listed before me? Perhaps if your TA can find out for you
  2. What are the chances of getting on the excursion given that our cruise isn't until January? no idea...depends on how many are ahead of you.
  3. Should I book a back up cruise? ....cruise or excursion?....if you mean exursion, then, yes...you can always cancel it.

Thanks for you help:cool:

enjoy your cruise

Whether you get a waitlisted excursion depends on how overbooked it is, if any of those booked cancel, and how many people might be waitlisted before you.

I would book another excursion and then hope that the waitlisted one might become available. You can cancel an excursion 24 hours before it is due to go, so you have until the day before to cancel your second choice if the first becomes available.

What was the excursion and is it something you can book yourself off the ship?

I will be sailing with my family on the Star on the 18th. I tried to book an excursion in Cozumel and was waitlisted...I booked excursions about a month ago. I decided to book a second available excursion to play it safe. Just checked my online info with the cruiseline yesterday and found that I am now confirmed for my first choice. So...you never know.:D

I am confirmed with a tour in St Thomas.

If I decide not to go = I can cancel this excursion onboard the ship?

How do you cancel an excursion online?

You can cancel online up to about 2 weeks prior to the start of your cruise, by going into your cruise personalizer, editing your shore excursions, and changing the number of participants to 0. After that point in time, the shore excursion part of the personalizer is not changable, and you have to wait until you get on board.

Once onboard, the cancellation time for each port's excursions will be listed in the Patters, but is generally about 6pm two evenings PRIOR to arriving in the port.

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of times, if an excursion is sold out/waitlisted, Princess adds additional times and availability. But you probably won't know until you're onboard.

You can reserve more than one excursion at a time to hedge your bets. Your tours will be posted to your onboard account after you check in and your tickets will be either waiting in your cabin or delivered shortly after you arrive by your steward. The tickets will include all of the meeting time and place plus any other information you need for your excursion.

If you want to cancel an excursion, the cancellation time will be posted in the Patter along with the port, day and time you need to cancel by. Generally, you have until 24 to 48 hours prior to your excursion to cancel. It depends on the port. On our Sea Princess cruise last summer, all of the cancellation times were 10AM, two days prior to arriving at each port.

To cancel, you can either turn your tickets in at the Shore Desk or drop them off in the box in front of the Shore Desk. In other words, the Shore Desk doesn't need to be manned for you to turn in your tickets. Double-check your account to make sure the tour amount has been credited to your onboard account -- don't wait until the final statement in case there's an error.

As an FYI, if you see the doctor or are ill and are unable to make the tour after the cancellation day and time, get the Medical Center to stamp your tour ticket and then turn it in. You'll be credited with the tour cost. On my Island Princess cruise last March/April, I got a really bad laryngitis virus where I couldn't do more than whisper with absolutely no voice. I went to the Medical Center to get my tour ticket stamped because I didn't think I should be spreading my germs and at first they refused, saying I had to see the doctor first (at $65). Since I wasn't about to do that, I replied that I understood from what they're saying that they thought it would be OK for me to be in close contact with 45 other passengers. They stamped my ticket without seeing the doctor.

Archived