Is Our Cabin Going To Be Noisy?

Ted&Molly

We will be sailing on the O'dam shortly. We have been assigned a port-side VA cabin very near the stern (it is port-side, not a "wake" cabin) on the Navigator Deck. The lounge furniture on the Lido pool deck is directly overhead. Are we going to suffer from noise at 5:30am and 10-11pm when the furniture is rearranged by the crew (as we are told)? Will there be noise from foot traffic during the day, and will we hear conversations above us while we are out on our verandah expecting tranquility? Would particularly appreciate comments from those who have actually occupied these cabins on a Vista-class ship--port or starboard side near the stern on the Navigator Deck. Thanks.

Have not been on the O'dam, but have had cabins beneath the Lido Deck. We heard furniture movement during the day and that was not a problem. When we had a problem was a cabin under the ping pong table which was used until the wee hours of the morning. Also, when the herd passes over the deck enroute to the late buffet the noise was irritating if you were trying to sleep. I went up one night to see who this crowd was and it was primarily entertainment and other ship staff.

YMMV

Gary

Have not been on the O'dam, but have had cabins beneath the Lido Deck. We heard furniture movement during the day and that was not a problem. When we had a problem was a cabin under the ping pong table which was used until the wee hours of the morning. Also, when the herd passes over the deck enroute to the late buffet the noise was irritating if you were trying to sleep. I went up one night to see who this crowd was and it was primarily entertainment and other ship staff.

YMMV

Gary

Thanks, Gary. Ping pong table--yikes!

We've been on the navigation deck several times and were awakened by the scraping sounds of the chairs being moved around. We were in locations just below the forward Lido pool under the magrodome. The sound was obvious but not really obnoxious, and was not constant just inconvenient in the early morning.

GN

We've been directly under the Lido or pool deck a number of times. Occasionally we've heard noises from above but it's never been a problem. Yes, some chair/lounge scraping during the day and at night/early morning with the crew arranging the area. Also some low level thumping noise from heavy footsteps. Again, none of these have been at really wierd or akward times and haven't been a problem. In fact, the only problem we've ever, ever had was on the Ryndam, which was on her 5th or 6th cruise of her inaugural year, and they used what must have been a firehose to wash down the pool area early one morning. The water just cascaded over the side and onto our verandah with such force that it got through the seal on the door and actually got the rug in the cabin wet. At the time they allowed as though that probably wasn't a good idea and it didn't happen again, at least while we were on that cruise. :)

We have experienced the PING PONG nightmare as well. It was awful. All night long. I have no idea who was playing but I now know where those tables are and NEVER book a cabin anywhere near them. I had planned to go up and steal the paddles and balls before I went to bed but each night I forgot until the noise started.:mad:

Archived