Not A Nice Surprise RCI....

AFT_LOVER

If you have two cruises booked, isn't their standard procedure to apply credit from a cancelled cruise to the other one rather than refunding?

Her travel agent should have done that immediately....called RCI and told them to apply deposit from cancelled cruise to newly booked cruise. In fact, why didn't her TA just keep the same booking number and change the itinerary.....then no deposit would have been necessary?? So much for a key account TA!!

Why it takes them 4 weeks to credit you is beyond me. They should be able to credit your card just as quickly as they charge it....
and that statement is something I would slam in their face from the get go.. it would take five milliseconds from the time you say book my cruise to the tme you card was processed, but refunding.. God no.

Her travel agent should have done that immediately....called RCI and told them to apply deposit from cancelled cruise to newly booked cruise. In fact, why didn't her TA just keep the same booking number and change the itinerary.....then no deposit would have been necessary?? So much for a key account TA!!

Her travel agent couldn't do that immediately because she didn't cancel and rebook at the same time. She canceled on 11/9 and then booked another cruise on 11/15. You can't cancel a cruise and then rebook on the same booking number almost a week later. Please read the whole story before just blaming the TA.

Her travel agent couldn't do that immediately because she didn't cancel and rebook at the same time. She canceled on 11/9 and then booked another cruise on 11/15. You can't cancel a cruise and then rebook on the same booking number almost a week later. Please read the whole story before just blaming the TA.

And some of us that made the comment about the TA did not know when she canceled the first cruise until she came back and explained herself.

When I canceled my cruise for March 31, 2007 I had a hold on a November 24, 2007 cruise. RCI told me they couldn't transfer the deposit from one booking number to another so I had to pay another downpayment for the new cruise date and then it took 3 days for the refund from the canceled March cruise to show up on my credit card. I believe if I hadn't "held" the new cruise and just asked RCI to cancel the one cruise and then rebook the new one it would have stayed under the same booking number and the new downpayment woudn't have had to be made.

Whatever the case, I'm glad you finally got your money back! Now you can use that to book another one!

Believe me I know what I speak of......everyone knows the whole story, we've heard it enough times on different boards. She actually booked the cancelled cruise this past May while sailing on Jewel. When she either couldn't get flights that she liked or couldn't use air miles, she decided to change. So, her TA gave her several options last week....and she decided on the Brilliance TA cruise. Her TA should have just kept the same booking number from the booked cruise on Jewel, which would have saved her onboard credit, and had RCI transfer the new date of sailing and ship to the existing booking number. That is perfectly legal and is done all the time. Many folks that book a cruise onboard a ship, have to change due to time constraints or work schedules............you just transfer the new info to the booking number you have.......thus saving your OBC and not having to pay another deposit. Isn't that important??

Archived