Half Moon Cay Cabanas (by Colour)

skywalkervadar

I posted this in the "Private Islands" forum but thought I should probably post here as well .....

The order of the cabanas on Half Moon Cay seems to be a popular question so while we were there in October aboard the Westerdam, I decided to take a picture of each of them and then create this handy dandy "Cabana by Colour" guide ....

... Enjoy and tell all of your friends ;o)

http://static.flickr.com/108/296583013_6fa96f5e51_o.jpg

What are the advantages of having a cabana? Do they provide anything other than a place to change clothes and provide shade?

Hawgwildterry:

Here's my schpiel. Deep breath:

A cabana will get you priority tendering into HMC, snacks, bottled water, soft drinks, fridge, ceiling fan and air conditioning, table with four chairs inside cabana, loungers, small table and shower on the deck, storage space, towels, snorkel equipment, and floating mats, all for the princely sum of $219 for up to four people........exhale breath.

You can also rent a clamshell (covered lounger) for $9:)

Middle-aged Mom,

Thank you for the reply to my question. Right after I posted my question I did a Google search and found a wealth of information. Looks like a pretty darn nice way to spend a day at the beach. Is there a primo cabana that you would recommend?

Terry

Middle-aged Mom,

Thank you for the reply to my question. Right after I posted my question I did a Google search and found a wealth of information. Looks like a pretty darn nice way to spend a day at the beach. Is there a primo cabana that you would recommend?

Terry

Terry:

I would say whichever one you can snag it the best one!:) Take a look at Skywalkervadar's photos above. If you want a little more privacy, book the cabanas to the left side (cabanas # 8 and above). If you want to be closer to the "action", book the cabanas to the right (#7 and below.)

Here's my honest disclaimer:o : I have never been to Half Moon Cay before. I hope to be there on December 20, sea and weather conditions permitting. I've done a ton of research, thanks to the info provided by other posters on this board, so that makes me a "pseudo expert".;)

Karin

We were lucky enough to have our travelling buds treat us to the Cabana ... the yellow one which was a nice spot because it was further down the beach so away from the larger crowds. It was great having a place to leave your stuff, sit and relax, eat lunch at a table, drink refridgerated sodas, use the mats to float like royalty in the seriously crystal clear waters, sit on a step with your feet in flour like sand and having an outdoor shower to rinse same said sand and salty sea off. It made for a perfect day.

Riz, a certain someone actually exclaimed this morning that he wished was on a cruise again. Hmmmmm!?! Hahahahahaha!!!!

Skywalkervadar - We DO leave for our next cruise in about 2 weeks.....perhaps we could convince that certain someone to come along ?

Haha...I know...fat chance...but we are thinking about one in the new year...perhaps then ?......We shall have to conspire. Call my people.

Archived