Dawn Mini or Full Suite?

deerby27

I am concidering a Full suite (C-749) for an upcoming Mexican Riveria cruise on the Dawn Princess. Other than the suite ammenities, is a full suite that much better on the Dawn Princess. I have had both on Grand class ships and there is a big differance. By looking at the floor plans they look similar in size. I would appreciate any input.

We were in an aft mini on the Sun... it was enormous!! There were two full rooms, a hallway, a wet bar in the livingroom and a walk-through, two-room bathroom done in marble with a whirlpool tub. It felt like a full suite to us... the balcony was huge too with cushioned teak furniture, two lounges as well as the full-sized round table and chairs.

I think the aft minis are more like full suites than the side minis... others will have more information for you. Good choices all around!

We just got off the Dawn and while we were waiting to disembark we kind of took a self guided tour of the aft suites on Baja deck. They were AWESOME! The minis are large also but there is a big difference between the minis and the suites. If you are willing to pay the price, I say go for it!

I am concidering a Full suite (C-749) for an upcoming Mexican Riveria cruise on the Dawn Princess. Other than the suite ammenities, is a full suite that much better on the Dawn Princess. I have had both on Grand class ships and there is a big differance. By looking at the floor plans they look similar in size. I would appreciate any input.

If you watch the pricing, and book early enough, you can get a great deal on those full suites. We looked into the Dawn some months ago for next April. Got a price on the Aft minis and full suites. There was only $60 difference in the price between the two. Of coarse we booked the full suite over the mini any day. We already get Elite Perks, so most of what is offered didn't interest us, but the availability of having full meals ordered and delivered to the cabin really appealed to us for this 11 day sailing, so we grabbed it up.

I think it comes down to planning and being in the right place at the right time to get a good deal on the full suites. Whenever we can find them reasonable (?), we definitely book them over the minis.

The mini-suites on the Sun-class ships are very different from what you've seen or been in on Grand-class ships. They are more like Grand-class full suites with separate "living" and "bed" rooms. (On the Grand-class ships, mini-suites are elongated cabins with a couch, chair and 2nd TV.) The full suite on the Sun-class ships are just that much better.

Hi,

We will be in C749 on the March 21, 2007 sailing.

For the difference between the mini and full, we took the full as this will only be our 4th cruise and the extra perks are worth the small difference in cost.

Bonnie

I booked C-749 for October. Please take lots of pictures and give me a report when you return. Enjoy your cruise.

I booked C-749 for October. Please take lots of pictures and give me a report when you return. Enjoy your cruise.

Here are a few pictures taken on our R/T Vancouver cruise to tide you over! We stayed in C-749 in 2005, and it's a fabulous cabin, so if the price is right, grab it! I believe the Dawn layout is identical.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/552534937uwgyZF

Archived