Box of wine, not a bottle No Cork? Fee??

steveaaaa

Can you bring a box of wine on board? If so, is there still or corkage fee as there is no cork? Or would they consider it as hard booze and hold it?

Steve

Years ago perhaps the corkage fee had a little something to do with the waiter assisting in opening your bottle at the diner table. Those days are long gone but unfortunately the fee is not. :(

The fee has nothing to do with corks anymore. They really need to call it something else. ;) It has to do with profiting from the wine you bring on board because that is less wine you will be buying from them. :rolleyes:

So, from what I understand, if they find your box then you have to pay the fee.

Steveaaaa....

The fee is not so much for the uncorking, but a service or profit fee. After all, most people just want some wine in their room and nobody will be uncorking it for them or serving it, bottle or box.

Anyway, to read more about box wine you can scroll down through a couple of active postings talking about this. If you do a search on "box wine" you will find lots of discussions about box wine.

Steveaaaa....

The fee is not so much for the uncorking, but a service or profit fee. After all, most people just want some wine in their room and nobody will be uncorking it for them or serving it, bottle or box.

Hmm....I guess my answer was worth repeating! :rolleyes: ;)

Barbara - for some reason, I did not see your message when I posted mine. Actually, I thought I had posted yesterday evening, but I see it is dated this morning. Either I or my pc are having memory problems.... and I doubt it is the PC.

As to repeating, don't worry. Somebody will start a few thread within a few days and ask the same question again.

and again

and again

and again

and again

Barbara - for some reason, I did not see your message when I posted mine. Actually, I thought I had posted yesterday evening, but I see it is dated this morning. Either I or my pc are having memory problems.... and I doubt it is the PC.

As to repeating, don't worry. Somebody will start a few thread within a few days and ask the same question again.

and again

and again

and again

and again

It's no problem at all! ;)

Actually I think it's rather hysterical. :D I see threads all the time and someone will ask a question and then you will see 10 identical answers all in a row. I'm sure it's helpful in a way....one can really trust and believe the answer when 10 or more people concur. ;)

Archived