Portable travel lifts

Tinknock50

We own and use a Take-Along lift, which we helped the designer with on sea-trials and suggested modifications. It is reliable and compact. Downside is that you must be in a seated position to use it, and it has limited range (cannot pick up from the floor, for example). It is also manual crank instead of powered such as those below.

Other options, powered ideally, are the LikoLight, the Molift Smart, and the Hoyer Advance.

We own and use a Take-Along lift, which we helped the designer with on sea-trials and suggested modifications. It is reliable and compact. Downside is that you must be in a seated position to use it, and it has limited range (cannot pick up from the floor, for example). It is also manual crank instead of powered such as those below.

Other options, powered ideally, are the LikoLight, the Molift Smart, and the Hoyer Advance.

Thanks for the links.

I ordered the Take Along Lift and it was shipped out Monday. Hope to get it after Thanksgiving.

I chose it because it is smaller and lighter than the others and I don't need a motor....handcrank is fine for me.

I also chose it because hopefully I can get her in the car easier because it doesn't have the overhead lift bar. I have tall door openings on my vehicle....anxious to see how that works for us. Actually,I wanted it more for that than a lift for the trip. Means I won't have to buy or lease a lift van and I can take Mom on more car rides without hurting my back tranfering her.

Were you able to take it on the plane instead of checking it?

Archived