Must take Items on a cruise.....keep it simple!

cruzin4us

It would be cool if this thead would list items most people may not think about taking with them. Let's keep the list short and sweet so it's easily printed.

Cork screw - self explanatory

Bar of soap - better to have a big bar of the kind you prefer

Lanyard - for your cruise card

Clothes pins or Potato chip clip - Keeps the drapes shut

Small bills (1's & 5's) for cab fares, tips, small purchases

Gratuities - we pre-package our tips and stick them in the safe when we board....no need to worry about having the correct change later

Most of the things we take are personal for the activities we like, like beach & snorkeling supplies, water wallets, sun glass ropes, etc. But here is a couple that would probably be universal that aren't on your list:

Alarm clock (there is no clock in your room other than on the ship TV channel and telephone).

Extension cord, or outlet adapter, to plug multiple items into the one or two plugs in your room.

It would be cool if this thead would list items most people may not think about taking with them. Let's keep the list short and sweet so it's easily printed.

Cork screw - self explanatory

Bar of soap - better to have a big bar of the kind you prefer

Lanyard - for your cruise card

Clothes pins or Potato chip clip - Keeps the drapes shut

Small bills (1's & 5's) for cab fares, tips, small purchases

Gratuities - we pre-package our tips and stick them in the safe when we board....no need to worry about having the correct change later

(Lsimon) Alarm clock (there is no clock in your room other than on the ship TV channel and telephone).

Extension cord, or outlet adapter, to plug multiple items into the one or two plugs in your room.

(GORDONCHICK) A power strip for all the electronic stuff

An alarm clock - even though it's vacation, I'd hate to miss an excursion, or the midnight buffet I can't see to stay away for....

Shampoo & Conditioner of ones own choosing

We always bring:

-My own travel hairdryer (it's more powerful than the weak ones on the ship)

-Small can of spray room freshener for the bathroom (keeps things smelling nice especially in small spaces :D ). I bought a concentrated one from Bath and Body Works for the last cruise since it was real compact but potent.

-Our own toiletries / any meds like aspirin, antacid, etc. - (travel sized for convenience)

-Travel alarm clock

Alarm clock (there is no clock in your room other than on the ship TV channel and telephone).

An alarm clock - even though it's vacation, I'd hate to miss an excursion, or the midnight buffet I can't see to stay away for....

-Travel alarm clock

Just a travel tip, that maybe you might have overlooked, and would save you from packing an extra item.

If you routinely can't be far from your cell phone and carry it with you on your travels... most cell phones feature some kind of alarm clock/event reminder capability (usually found in 'tools' or 'extras' menu on the phone).

One less thing to pack if you can kill two birds with one stone.

HTH

A few of those "commander" wall hooks that you can pull right off the wall at the end of your cruise with no residue or wall damage. Great for your swimsuit, your nightie, your document holder, whatever

Highlighter for the Cruise Daily activities

Sticky notes for messages for fellow travelers or your steward (or a crazy scavenger hunt game after too many singapore slings at the piano bar!!)

BINOCULARS - if going thru the canal or Alaska or anywhere else that's close to land.

CELL PHONE CHARGER - I agree with tbelian on the use of the cell phone as an alarm clock; that's what we do.

Stomach gas & heartburn tablets - like TUMS (only if you find yourself eating too much - at least once)

Never thought of the "Command" hooks. Great idea. Will definately put that on my list. One that I have not seen mentioned, is a large thermal (hot/cold) mug. I can get hot or cold drink and have more than a few mouth fulls. Works out great when sitting by the pool. It makes it very easy to identify your drink from that of someone else.

months ago in another thread someone suggested to me: nightlite for the bathroom - so you don't wake your 'significant other' - great idea - I found 'motion activated' ones - and am already using them at home !

(I've still got a long wait for our first cruise - drats ! - next July - but my DH retires in 2 weeks !! then he can help with the chores around the house so I can spend more time reading cc !!! lol !! )

-travel alarm

-cheap, plastic/rubber "sandals" for the pool (If they get wet, who cares?)

-immodium etc. (Suchlike are really hard to find if needed, on board.)

-list of what we decided to wear and when (Used this when deciding what to pack, and need to remember what we decided, in order to make the wardrobe fit the days/nights on board!)

Over the door shoe holder (we put toiletries in so we can find them in and out of the bathroom...prevents, honey where is the ??????)

Night light

Pepto or immodium (take discreetly or you will be quarantined. . .hee hee)

Power strip

Int'l calling cards as 'tips'

Wrinkle release spray

Thermal mug

Bounce sheets between dirty clothes to keep things 'fresh'

Ziplocs

Travel clothes line

Collapsible tote for 'extras' you bought

Cheap blow up raft

Disinfectant baby wipes for cabin phone and remote...prevents colds later

My own little bottle of hand sanitizer

Archived