Must take Items on a cruise.....keep it simple!

cruzin4us

We love to bring a little set of speakers for our iPod to listen to in the room.

Don't forget the charger for that Ipod! ;)

Laptop (for the techno generation) or Journal (for the rest) to keep track of the your experiences, thoughts, expenses, whatever......

Power Source and/or writing instrument for above

I've read that some people find it "icky" to have the shower curtain sticking to them... think of who else it's been "sticking" to...

Hence... a nice, NEW shower curtain.

:)

I hate to ask this but don't Celebrity change the shower curtains with fresh ones at the start of each cruise? Surely they don't leave dirty ones hanging in the bathroom?

Please tell me it's not true!

Great idea for a post!

I always bring my waist bag. Large enough for my stuff, small enough not to be in the way.

I also try and pack a visor or two. DH has his hat, and I have my visor. Sunglasses are great, but the visor keeps the sun off my face as well.

Twice the money, and half the clothes and shoes...

Pepto or immodium (take discreetly or you will be quarantined. . .hee hee)

Now that you remind me... I suggested immodium, too, but forgot to give this bit of advice: take enough for EVERY day of the trip, if you are so inclined as to need it. You will not get it from the poorly-stocked little convenience store. You will need to go the infirmary, and will be able to get some, but not without lining up, and not before being questioned by the nurse/doctor. It's the fear of norovirus etc., you see. Then, if you have to go back later in the trip for more...:eek:

1. Second the binoculars, regardless of where you go.

2. Thank-you notes to use with your tips--write a personal note, so much nicer than those plain envelopes.

3. Wire hangers--so you can hang almost EVERYTHING up in the closet, and just leave them at the end of the cruise. They take up no space in your suitcase.

4. Your own pillow and pillowcase--nothing better!

Walkie-Talkies to annoy others

Old paperbachs with which to hog chairs.

Very cheap wine just to see if you can get away with smuggling it onboard.

Old jeans and a tee shirt for formal nights

Small change for tipping

Love swing-no explanation needed

Walkie-Talkies to annoy others

Old paperbachs with which to hog chairs.

Very cheap wine just to see if you can get away with smuggling it onboard.

Old jeans and a tee shirt for formal nights

Small change for tipping

Love swing-no explanation needed

REALLY ! . DR FUN.. !! ...and you a dentist too.... :D

Why peanut butter?

Doesn't everyone bring a jar of peanut butter, 2 cans of whipped cream, a pink feather boa, and a leather whip? What would a TA crossing be without them?

Seriously, I'm kinda interested myself.

One of the few things I wish I had thought to bring on our recent cruise to Hawaii - one of those Bingo Daubers (marker). We tried playing bingo on our cruise but the "poke and fold" bingo cards they used were a real pain in the ass...especially when trying to keep track of multiple sheets per game. I was so jealous of the bingo mama's that remembered to bring theirs.

http://us-bingo.com/bingo-daubers.html

Funny you should say that about the bingo dabbers. On the Aussie ships that's what everyone uses, no poke things. Got a big shock when we went on our Alaskan cruise. I found it very difficult to cope with so I asked the staff member if I could just dab and he told me that it would invalidate the ticket. I wonder if different staff have different rules.

I hate to ask this but don't Celebrity change the shower curtains with fresh ones at the start of each cruise? Surely they don't leave dirty ones hanging in the bathroom?

Sorry Sue, it's true! A simple wash down at best! It's plastic.

AHHHH! Finally cursed by the twp double posting demon!

Portable, fold-up mesh hamper: These are made of nylon mesh and have a wire frame. They fold up very small and weigh next to nothing. They are great for storing and airing out dirty clothes. If your ship has laundry facilities, they are great for lugging laundry to and from the laundry room. I've seen these for as cheap as $2 at Wal-Mart.

Digital alarm clock - I love being able to just look and see what time it is without having to fumble around for a watch/phone or turning on the light.

Febreze - I Febreze (is it now a verb like Xerox and Google?) things even if I won't wear it again. After a night in the club or the lounge, everything I wore smells like smoke. A laundry hamper full of smoky clothes can make the entire closet smell so I Febreze everything at the end of the evening.

Archived