Seattle Hotel pre & post cruise

You might want to stop over on the ALASKA board under Ports of Call. This topic is discussed often there with some good ideas. By the way, after doing this twice, I would do downtown myself. Lots of neat places to visit and a short cab ride. Also, some people rent a car at the airport, drive around, get to the hotel, then return the car downtown. We did that once.

Hi, we are going to Alaska in July and does anyone know of any good family hotels in seattle, I was thinking of staying near the airport upon arrival and maybe somewhere close to the city upon return. :p

Tweetsmom

Do I ever.... Here is a section of my review of the Star to Alaska

SEATTLE PRE-STAY: We booked the Hilton Homewood Suites which turned out to be an excellent choice. It is a lovely hotel, very clean and we enjoyed our suite with kitchen, bedroom and living room. We paid $139.00 for all six of us which included breakfast! The hotel was on a bus line and for a small fee we took it to the “free bus zone” area of Seattle. Otherwise, we could have easily walked to the free zone but my mom has a bad hip. We saw Pike’s Market, toured the Underground, the Space Needle, took the monorail, went to a baseball game, went antiquing and enjoyed an excellent meal at Buckley’s which was a block away from the hotel.

Here is a link to my entire review...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=221079

Archived