At $100/day PP...isn't cruising the best vacation value?

cruiserforlife

For us, it's about sailing- about the open ocean and that majestic sense you have when you're on a ship. Land vacations just don't give us the same feeling. So we just save our pennies for cruises.

This post rang true for me... as I was reading through everyone's idea of a good deal I was thinking about finding the right mix of low cost and actual cruise experience. I always try to get the lowest price I can and have tried inside cabins (3x) for that reason but we decided this last time that without our balcony, a part of what we are looking for by choosing a cruise is missing. I think it might be that feeling this poster explained so nicely... I love the wind, the sound of the wake, the sight of the water moving... hard to explain...

So for me to get a good deal (moneywise) but not have a balcony available at dawn (love that time of day!) at sunset, or at that tired time in the late afternoon... well, then we would probably not feel like we got the best deal for us.

What if you lose in Las Vegas ?????
Aye, there's the rub...and that's why we made the switch to cruising. For what we normally take as play money for just a few days, we can go on some darn good cruise vacations that last a lot longer and make us feel like we've really been on a vacation.

Archived