Good Morning America

GoodMorningAmerica

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

The people who left flaming remarks directed to the OP should understand that she is doing research. She may not be up on her cruiseship names so it would be easy to get Legend and Liberty confused. Also, whatever she reports may go into their story including how unfriendly the people on the cruise critic forum seem to be. One simple question and you guys jumped all over her. :eek:

Come on folks, you have company. Put on your good behavior for a few minutes. Don't let outside folks see you at your worst!:( My goodness.

Also, add my name to a faithful GMA watcher. Every morning.

Also' date=' whatever she reports may go into their story including how unfriendly the people on the cruise critic forum seem to be.[/quote']

Would be the first accurate thing they have reported in a long time.:D Now ABC is owned by who? That's right. Disney owns them. They wouldn't want a chance to perhaps shed some negative publicity on a competitor now would they.

I posted this on another thread but I think this is where it should have been posted . . .

I've been reading the threads on here about the illness that has struck so many passengers and crew members on the Liberty. When people first posted . . . so many said . . . "ah, some of the passengers just have the flu and I'm sure it's not as serious as the posters have said." Now, Good Morning America is posting for information to give the story a "personal side" and from what I've read (on another thread) . . . that request has been met with nothing but rude comments and put downs of the poster ("it's the Liberty not the Legend . . . no wonder the media is so bad" (or something to that effect) . . . and when I read and re read what the OP had said . . . I didn't know what they were talking about . . . he/she clearing asked about those that had gotten sick on the Liberty. Some even when so far as to make fun of GMA . . . "is that show still around? I thought it had been canceled." Maybe GMA should do a story about the Cruise Critics boards and how unfriendly some of it's members are. I just saw on our "local news" here in D.C. about the outbreak of what is thought to be the norvirus (or how ever you spell it). I'm just so sad that some of my fellow cruisers can be so rude to someone that comes on these boards to ask a simple question . . .

I would be more concerned about the virus itself, than whose reporting it, as patient zero got on overseas, and continued to spread it from port to port....doesn't that make it the starting of a pandemic?....and once these cruisers debark on Sunday and board airplanes, trains and buses...now that's news!:eek:

TEVO already set for ABC 7:00 - 9:00 am.

I posted this on another thread but I think this is where it should have been posted . . .

I've been reading the threads on here about the illness that has struck so many passengers and crew members on the Liberty. When people first posted . . . so many said . . . "ah, some of the passengers just have the flu and I'm sure it's not as serious as the posters have said." Now, Good Morning America is posting for information to give the story a "personal side" and from what I've read (on another thread) . . . that request has been met with nothing but rude comments and put downs of the poster ("it's the Liberty not the Legend . . . no wonder the media is so bad" (or something to that effect) . . . and when I read and re read what the OP had said . . . I didn't know what they were talking about . . . he/she clearing asked about those that had gotten sick on the Liberty. Some even when so far as to make fun of GMA . . . "is that show still around? I thought it had been canceled." Maybe GMA should do a story about the Cruise Critics boards and how unfriendly some of it's members are. I just saw on our "local news" here in D.C. about the outbreak of what is thought to be the norvirus (or how ever you spell it). I'm just so sad that some of my fellow cruisers can be so rude to someone that comes on these boards to ask a simple question . . .

No, the OP asked about the LEGEND after already posting on the LIBERTY thread. They EDITED their post after their mistake was pointed out.

I hate mornings so the idea of watching happy chipper people on TV first thing just makes me sick (nothing against GMA - it applies to all mornign shows), but I would expect a media rep to email possible people and let it go from there. Anyone could answer her email and send in any bogus info they wanted.

How right you are. Very well said. People can't be nice on this board I sure would not like to be on a cruise ship with some of them.

I generally stay out of the mud slinging and rude comments, but I am totally amazed that anyone continues coming here for information. At some point almost every thread turns to sarcasm or attacks. While there is a place for fun and sarcasm (with friends), new people are often turned off by this behavior.

I hope the OP got her information.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

Very well put. On behalf of the nice and helpful folks on cruise critic, my apologies go to the OP. We are not all like those first few comments. She is allowed to type the incorrect ship. We all know the ship she meant.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Not everyone does.. a new comer to these boards would not..

Anyone reading these boards for more than the previous 15 minutes would know that the ship in question is the Liberty. And, if someone does not realize it is the Liberty she meant: (1) in short order it would become apparent because everyone felt a need to correct and ridicule her and (2) OP corrected her post.

There was no reason for the attacks on her.

Anyone reading these boards for more than the previous 15 minutes would know that the ship in question is the Liberty. And' date=' if someone does not realize it is the Liberty she meant: (1) in short order it would become apparent because everyone felt a need to correct and ridicule her and (2) OP corrected her post.

There was no reason for the attacks on her.[/quote']

I never commented on the attacks.. but I do believe since GMA is a National news agency.. that anyone posting on their behalf should have proof read their post before posting it.. Flames will happen.. and yes they should have researched.. could have been a legit mistake.. maybe not.. only the OP knows!! Look forward to reading or hearing about their story tho

Would be the first accurate thing they have reported in a long time.:D Now ABC is owned by who? That's right. Disney owns them. They wouldn't want a chance to perhaps shed some negative publicity on a competitor now would they.

To answer that last part of the post, Tony, no, they wouldn't!! Disney Cruise Line, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and all the others hope this story will get its due, and then just quickly (and quietly) go away. This doesn't increase the chances of them gaining on the competition one bit. All this does is shine a negative, though important, light on the issues of illness occuring at sea. DCL has previously experienced that itself, and it's not fun (or rewarding) for anyone in the industry. During 'sweeps' months ALL the networks are scrambling to find that unique angle on a story that no one else has thought of. How cool is it (as least to me) that this network employee thought of CruiseCritic as such a strong resource? I know that's why I recently joined on here - because you all are fantastic providers of information to create a better vacation experience for myself

I think they need to interview the person that got on that sailing sick:mad:

To me people do not understand.. if you are feeling ill before you depart you are contagious.. and you harm the rest goes to show.. :(

You bet! And how do we know it wasn't a crew member.....even the Captain.:eek:

To the OP.......sorry about the rudeness.....some of us have to put up with this on cc on regular basis:cool:

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
To answer that last part of the post, Tony, no, they wouldn't!! Disney Cruise Line, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and all the others hope this story will get its due, and then just quickly (and quietly) go away. This doesn't increase the chances of them gaining on the competition one bit. All this does is shine a negative, though important, light on the issues of illness occuring at sea. DCL has previously experienced that itself, and it's not fun (or rewarding) for anyone in the industry. During 'sweeps' months ALL the networks are scrambling to find that unique angle on a story that no one else has thought of. How cool is it (as least to me) that this network employee thought of CruiseCritic as such a strong resource? I know that's why I recently joined on here - because you all are fantastic providers of information to create a better vacation experience for myself

You are so right about the employee thinking of coming to CruiseCritic for the real skinny and all she got was the worst of our behavior. How shameful.

Perhaps she will come back and ask questions.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

You are so right about the employee thinking of coming to CruiseCritic for the real skinny and all she got was the worst of our behavior. How shameful.

Perhaps she will come back and ask questions.

If there's on thing i know about cruisecritic.com, its that we DO NOT like how the media over-exaggerates and portrays every little cruise industry mishap as a catastrophic disaster.

remember this summer? front page news "is cruising safe" everytime someone went missing.

perhaps a little pre-posting research would have been in order?

Come on now people, just having fun, besides seriously do you really think ABC news would come to a public message board for info, seriously? This is ABC news and their only resource is a message board, riiiiiight...................

Look at this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=443812

Come on now people whats next Dr Phil????

Come on now people, just having fun, besides seriously do you really think ABC news would come to a public message board for info, seriously? This is ABC news and their only resource is a message board, riiiiiight...................

Look at this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=443812

Come on now people whats next Dr Phil????

No...Dateline NBC....they now have a thread as well.

I could make a smarty remark about how this is just another example of how the major media gets it wrong...but I will leave that to Mr. Dood!!! :rolleyes:

The above message was very funny and made me laugh that the poster of the above message picked up on the fact that MrDood would have a very funny and sarcastic repons to this post, so this caused me to laugh

This is just another example of how the major media gets it wrong...:mad:

THAT WAS FLAT OUT HISTARICAL...I am still laughing over taht one...that was absolutely perfect timing, and probablty the funniest thing I have ever seen on this board! THANKS GUYS!

Archived