Good Morning America

GoodMorningAmerica

After reading all the posts, I will weight into this conversion. First, was it not ABC that tried to bring down a sitting president with a fake memo 2 years ago? Does Disney own ABC and they own a cruise line that competes with Carnival? How many stories does ABC, NBC, and CBS slant to have it blow totally out of proportion.

I remember ABC GMA interviewing a couple after the Princess tilt incident (and I will bet they really had to look) that had neck braces on that really blasted the cruise industry. And for days they keep saying it was a Carnival ship, not reporting that it was a Princess ship. True, Carnival owns Princess Cruise Line, but that was not how they were trying to portray the ship.

Maybe with the above facts is why dedicated cruisers and cruisers that are loyal to Carnival is not being to friendly to a reporter that posts for the first few times in order to get dirt on Carnival.

This is just my opinion.

You know all the OP asked was for someone on the ship to contact them.

It was CBS not ABC that had the report about President Bush and his attendance at the National Guard.

If Carnival(about the Proncess tilt) felt the report was false they could have sued-they have enough lawyers.

Whether the number sick on the ship is 650(CDC reported number) or 700, it clearly is newsworthy. Its true that the problem probably originally started with passengers.

The news stations do report when a similar incident at hotels(like Legionaire's disease)....but because people don't stay at most hotels for seven days or eat there all the time, the Novo virus doesn't normally hit so many people. It does make the rounds at colleges and does opccassional get reported.

Carnival does seem to have handled this well but it would be interesting to hear what the actual passengers think....

I would think that what was on GMA this morning is all we are going to hear about on there... Actually, I would hope... that was enough, it doesn't need to be beat into the ground... It looked like the OP got what they were looking for and was able to use information gathered here for the story.

Just saw GMA...simple...straight forward to the point reporting...the only difference to CC was they said patient(s) zero (2 passengers) boarded in Spain having or had the virus.

Their reasoning for the report "largest out break ever on a cruise ship."

A few passengers had been quarantined. Can't remember how many exactly, but 10 or less.

They directly quoted from one of the on board postings on CC, the one about the eldery passengers, and mentioned the CDC boarding in St. Marten, and the 2 days the Liberty will remain in Fort Lauderdale being sanitized.

They showed the Liberty, and the route she's on.

I think that's about it..sorry if I didn't get all the facts verbatim.

Just saw GMA...simple...straight forward to the point reporting...the only difference to CC was they said patient(s) zero (2 passengers) boarded in Spain having or had the virus.

Their reasoning for the report "largest out break ever on a cruise ship."

A few passengers had been quarantined. Can't remember how many exactly, but 10 or less.

They directly quoted from one of the on board postings on CC, the one about the eldery passengers, and mentioned the CDC boarding in St. Marten, and the 2 days the Liberty will remain in Fort Lauderdale being sanitized.

They showed the Liberty, and the route she's on.

I think that's about it..sorry if I didn't get all the facts verbatim.

The reason that it is the largest outbreak ever is that reporting was only required beginning in 1994(I believe)...so that a larger one might have occurred but no required reporting. Also ships are carrying more and more people.....wait until the people on the Freedom have a good Novo one day....Sounds like a fair report...is it posted on a website somewhere?

Seriously, most of you, GROW UP! the threads running around about "Kids... Control Them" and "Adults... Control Them" we should start a "CC Members... Control Them! thread. Honestly, I'm younger than most of you and I have better manners! Sheesh!

Okay I know this doesn't really belong here but I live on Long Island, NY a 40 minute train ride into NYC and I have been in the audience on GMA tons of times. Their "cast" is the warmest most friendliest of all the AM shows in NY.

Give the op, some credit, she did edit her mistake. Besides, she's not a cruiseie like we are so sure she could have messed up the name of the ship easily. Plus, she did get some info from this board and hey GMA is a National show, if they mentioned Cruisecritic.com at all maybe we'd get more members joining this site.

Have a great Friday Folks! :-)

Seriously, most of you, GROW UP! the threads running around about "Kids... Control Them" and "Adults... Control Them" we should start a "CC Members... Control Them! thread. Honestly, I'm younger than most of you and I have better manners! Sheesh!

Ahhh, but on a message board you can never tell who has manners in reality and who doesn't. People tend to post things here that they would never have the bad manners to express face to face. I've been here over five years and I can tell you, it "ain't" gonna happen. People will come and go and will always express their opinions until they go over the line and get at least a warning, at most, banned.

The people who left flaming remarks directed to the OP should understand that she is doing research. She may not be up on her cruiseship names so it would be easy to get Legend and Liberty confused. Also' date=' whatever she reports may go into their story including how unfriendly the people on the cruise critic forum seem to be[/b']. One simple question and you guys jumped all over her. :eek:

LOLOLOL! Do you really think anyone cares?

My first job out of college was with CBS and I can tell you many researchers are college interns.

"Hi, I am an intern at ESPN doing research on the recent statue of liberty norovirus outbreak..anyone care to comment"

This is the most absurd thread I have ever read!!! A bunch of people bickering and wining and being rude. If the OP post was legit she was just doing her job so everyone needs to relax!

I agree with some others on this board, everyone with the negative comments are probably those rude, chair hogging, obnoxious people onboard that I cant stand to be around.

Why would we want to feed into another story that the media is going to blow out of proportion and scare everyone away from cruising? :confused:

SHHHHHHH!!!

That's the idea. Then when the rates drop due to people getting scared off.........F-Deck here we come. :D

I may grow old but I refuse to grow up!

kelz66Why would we want to feed into another story that the media is going to blow out of proportion and scare everyone away from cruising? :confused:

I whole heartily agree with kelz66.

Geez people! Why so harsh? I also work for ABC and I also happen to be a fan of cruising. There's no need to bash the media for reporting a story - that's our job. I wouldn't bash your profession, whatever it may be!

Although I do not personally know the person who wrote the original inquiry (I work in the DC bureau, she's in NY), I can tell you that she is indeed a legit ABC producer - I looked her up in our internal system.

I'm going on a cruise in 2 weeks and will be sure not to tell any people I meet what I do for a living. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

On a lighter note, I get on CC a few times a week to get tips and read others' cruise experiences. I am thankful for this board and for those who take the time to post their knowledge! :cool:

Archived