What to do and whom to book with - Radiance 7/31

Beth & Rob

I'm going to beg to take advantage of all your knowledge and advice. There is so much information here, I've been glued to this screen for 2 days.

Please feel free to email me directly at [email="rsimons@socal.rr.com"]rsimons@socal.rr.com[/email] with your suggestions.

We want to see the glacier and look forward to a helicopter ride, although my husband is not interested in the dog sledding. Book through the line or independently? If so, suggestions on whom to call.

Not really interested in whale watching, but enjoy mild to moderate hiking. He would enjoy a canoe type trip.

Crab or Salmon bakes sound good. (when does food not sound good?)

We are in Juneau from 12P - 9P
Skagway 6:30A - 7:45P
Ketchikan 1P - 8P

Thank you so much for sharing all your experiences. You all help to ensure every detail is addressed so that long awaited for vacations are truly a memorable experience.

Beth

You must try the Glacier Trekking with [url]www.northstartrekking.com[/url] . We did the two hour trek on the Glacier and had wished that we picked the four hours. It is neat to see all the different glacier formations and they take you on a tour of the glacier before your trek. The pictures we got are awesome. We were also sorry that we didn't have time for the Salmon Bake. For Ketchikan you can try kayaking with [url]www.southeastkayaks.com[/url] (or [url]www.kayakketchikan.com[/url] ). They should be the same but I am not at home and don't have the list with me. The kayak tour is limited to 6 people and includes a nice smoked salmon snack with all the fixings. Hope this helps. In Skagway we just rented a car through Avis and did our own exploring. :)

Misty

Northstar trekking gets consistant raves so it would be an excellent choice combining your glacier flight with a "hike". Ketchikan is great for kayaking as mentioned and biking is excellent out of Skagway or hiking to Lower/Upper Dewey Lake. But be sure to stop at the Park service visitor center for all their free activities. :) [url]http://www.nps.gov/klgo/schedule.htm[/url]

Hello Beth
If you are looking for a shore excruion in Skagway and want to hike? Look at the Yukon Hiking Adventure?
From what I hear it is the better hikes out there. Good views and a great trail lunch. I also hear they see alot of wildlife and cover many of the wildflowers and ther uses. The trail was hand built in 1905 and restored by one guy, which also built an add on by hand. Look at [url]www.yukonhikes.com[/url]
Best of luck!

Archived