Just bought new gown, is this shawl appropriate?

sharod

Just received my new gown from an eBay seller and I love it. Sorry, the pics don't do it justice.

My question is, would this shawl look OK with it? Is it "dressy" enough? The gown has gold sequins which would match the shawl.

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

5f3984a.jpg

SHaron

Def no shawl unless you plan on going outside.

The dress is beautiful you need to show off the back as well as the front and the shawl detracts from it.

Just my opinion.

Oh, you are absolutely right. I definately wouldn't wear a shawl unless it was cool. It's just that alot of people complain about the dining room on cruise ships being cool, so I was thinking about taking a shawl along just in case I needed it. We cruised Disney at the same time of year and I had no problem being cool. I don't know how the temp in their dining room is compared to RCCL.

I would never want to cover up this beautiful gown!!!!

I say to wear it without the shawl, but if you want to bring one just in case... I would go with more of a sheer one also.

While I like the shawl that you posted, I would be afraid it would pull at your sequins as it looks like it is knit. You definately do not want to ruin that beautiful dress!

Good luck making your decision and congrats on such an awesome find on eBay!:)

That is one of the nicer shawls that I have seen. Where did you find it?

Do agree with the group however that sheer would be better to go with the dress, which by the way is great!

I found it on Newport News http://www.newport-news.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=21490056&index=7&gp_coll_id=9&gp_cat_id=1649&nav_cat_id=7760&category_id=7761

Thanks for the compliment on the dress. I can't wait to wear it!!!

SHaron

Def no shawl unless you plan on going outside.

The dress is beautiful you need to show off the back as well as the front and the shawl detracts from it.

Just my opinion.

I agree! I'd rather have a couple glasses of red wine to warm me up than cover up a beautifully detailed dress like that. Try it, it really works!!

Archived