Barbados 4x4 Excursion Info, Please

212cruiser

Hey 212cruiser,

You are in for a wonderful treat. The Barbados 4x4 Adventure is a terrific excursion. I tried it a few years ago on a QE2 trip and had a blast. It's a three hour overview of this beautiful island, with some very interesting and scenic detours including an off road foray into the rain forest which was great fun.

All of the Barbadans will be waving at you as you drive past. After a few sips of the potent rum cocktail they provide you will be waving as well. We're already booked on the 4x4 adventure on our upcoming Noordam cruise this January, can't wait.

Highly recomended trip, second favorite excursion to Panama Railway. Enjoy.

Cruiserking

We're on the Sea Princess in march and wanted to do a 4x4 but I don't see it offered ont he Princess site. Looked at one on Shore Trips but looks like we won't be able to go on it as we don't dock until 8 am and it leaves promptly at 8. I emailed them and that was the response I got. anyone have any recommendations for a 4x4 excursion in Barbados.

Thanks

Sarah

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we're back!

We took the NCL 4x4 monkey park excursion and had a great time. We rode in open air (but covered) pick-up trucks, sitting across from each other in rows of 5 people on each side. Yvette was our driver and she was very competent. We were taken to the monkey reserve which is a bit of a misnomer since there were far more land turtles, rare birds, iguanas and other animals than monkeys. It was great! We were then driven through a sugar cane field which was the only reason we needed a 4x4. Otherwise we could have done the entire tour in a more comfortable van. It took about 3 1/2 hours, and NO lunch was served, so you may want to eat at the terminal before going.

We will be in Bridgetown Barbados 01/14/2007

on the Regent Seven Seas Mariner.

We have already signed up for the

3 hour Island Safari 4x4 tour.

Can somone tell me the name of the company

that we will be riding with?

Archived