Celebrity Infinity 4-22-07 FOD

Itsacruisething

HI Dean,

BF and I are on this Hawaii cruise. Counting weeks already, we have never been there so we are excited.

Do stay pre cruise in San Diego??

I am sure it will be a great cruise. Infinity is the only Milli - Class ship I haven´t been on. I love all other M- Class ships so I think I will like Infinity as well!

Greetings

Michael

Hey, Michael! Looks like you founhd some family on your cruise! Doing better than we did! :D

Dean, my partner and I just did this cruise last month, and had a WONDERFUL time! I told Michael I'd write a review, but have yet to do it... I'll try to come back and post it when I get a chance. In the meantime, I told Michael to ask any questions he had...same goes for you.

I'd be more jealous of the four of you were it not for my cruise in Oct '07 (always helps the mood to have something else booked!)

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Andy,

seems we are not the only family member on board:D ! Always nice to chat and have a few martinis with people that share the same interessts.

Thanks again for answering my questions, it was really helpfull. So I am quite that our pre cruise stay will be in Long Beach, thanks to your advice. The Holiday Inn is already booked, i presume all packed with cruisers. Hehe.

Your are right the best think to do is book the next cruise, when you get back or even when you are on board. May ask what ship and what destination your next cruise will be????:cool:

Greetings from cold germany

Michael

Michael and Dean...my review for the cruise is now posted in the review section. Please excuse the grammar and punctuation- in reformating it for the review, much of the formatting, many symbols, and some punctuation was lost...I've asked them to fix it, but we'll see. Here's a link: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=23215

Andrew

Hi Andi,

thanks so much for the detailed rewview. So great to have such one handed information prior to the cruise. You write about a point which came to my mind also! For me also it is the first time in next April that I am cruising with friends that I know from a previous cruise. I not expect to meet as many new friends as usual. But it is such a great thing to cruise with the nice friends from germany I met on the last cruise. I hardly can wait for the cruise to start. A different experience of course, but such a great new exprerience.

The infos about the ports are also very helpfull.

I read that the Infinity suffers again from the pod problems. Hm I hope they get that fixed. But I am a totaly positive thinking person- so I cross fingers.

I was already on a cruise which were shortend by one day, because of such pod problem- so hopefully the goblet may pass this time. Hehe!

I also consider Century for a cruise next year.... hm but first Hawaii. Hehe!

Thank you again for this great review, it must have been a lot of work!

Greetings

Michael

Dean, they had FOD meetings scheduled every day, usually at 7:45 in the Martini Bar, but we never attended...usually do, but we were so wrapped up in the folks we were traveling with, that we didn't make it.:) / :(

Hopefully, you'll have more folks check in here...one of the things that helped on our last trip was that we had a dozen or so gay guys on-line here, so that we'd prearranged our own FOD in Michael's Club on the first or second night...we ended up with a few dozen guys, and assorted other friends/enlightened folks, and it was a lot of fun.

The other thing I've noticed over the years is that you need critical mass, and a willingness to walk up to folks....I was on the QE2 once, and the FOD was in the Yacht Club. With all the folks in there, you couldn't really tell, as there were lots of tables with two men and one woman, etc. It took me approaching two guys to chat, and then, it was as though they put up a neon sign...within minutes, there were about 20 people. Maybe if you and Michael make a point of meeting up, others will pop out of the woodwork!

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

HI Dean,

we live in south germany, so we have a long flight ahead. We are staying with friends ( no family) in the Paradise Point Hotel- do you know anything about that resort??? Such a great thing to live in the city were the cruise starts. I bet you will love X. for all the little extra which make them a step up vs. the other mass market ships. I sailed RCl as start back in 1997 ( Grandeur ots) I loved every cruise with them, but after I sailed the Millenium in 2001 for the first time, hm I pretty much stayed with X. Tried Costa once and never will go back again.

Have a merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Archived