Brilliance Transatlantic April 16, 2007

wingsrcl

Not a problem, just for those who are interested in making a table or sitting together.

I still have no docs, no passport and my book still hasn't come in.

On the other hand, the weather is nice and much of the snow is melting.

Has anyone else looked at the G&L roll call? There are at least 2 people who are apparently getting on the ship via a helicopter :)

Just over a month to go. BTW, Yves signed himself up for an account, so he's around here, as well.

BTW, anyone want to get together for a dinner table? We are at late seating.

Ephraim & Sparky:

If you would like a bigger table, my partner & I would like to join a table with the 4 of you.

Anthony/Robert

Send me an email with your confirmation number and I'll send you back one with ours, so you can request to sit with us. I'll forward your email to sparky as well, so he can add the request on his end.

Tables aren't set (nor does anyone know how the heck any of the cruise lines decide on how many at a table etc.) so, the more the merrier. (It's always nice to be at a table where you have some nice conversation and dining companions.

Email address is my name (at) inforoute.net or my name (at) traveladvice.ca. Either one will get to me.

Well, we got our docs today....

Left to go...

Tickets from Barcelona to Montreal

Passport

Lonely Planet: Spain book

Reservations for hotel in Miami

Reservations for hotels in Spain

Plans for one week in Spain

Gift for gift exchange for main Roll Call

(Labels and tickets for main Roll Call - as I promised)

So far, Sparky is the only one who contacted me to try to sit together. remember... it's my name (as above) @inforoute.net or @traveladvice.ca with your confirmation number. I'll send you back ours so you can give it to your agent or RCL. (They like when both confirm).

How's everyone else doing? Getting excited? I see that there are some people who are packed already. (They cannot be Gay if they are packed already, can they?)

BTW, did you guys see that John Inman died. Nice to see that the British papers included his husband and long time companion in the obit. Sad that they were together 35 years and could only make it legal in the last two, though. Isn't it?

He lived a good life and had lots of fun! Now, I'm hoping Ephraim will help me set up "are you being served" live, on board Brilliance of the Seas. We will be offering advice and alternatives for "fashion emergencies" on Deck 7 starting at 5 p.m. on formal nights, mid-ships on starboard side! FOR A SMALL FEE.

Yves is this true ?? Donald is will play the part of Mrs Slocom, He just doesnt know it yet. Does anyone have a extra green wig :D

He might be an expert at measuring inseams, but I promise you, anytime a good looking guy walks in to our fashion emergency "seminar"... I will be the one screaming "i'm freeeee"

I spoke to my agent today. I have to send kwokpot a message because my agent couldn't link the reservations for dinner. I'll send him a private note with the reasons.

The only one that I have managed to link is Sparky :D (txbear, are you and Sparky together?)

Haven't heard from anyone else.

ok Where is everybody ???? , Ephraim did your passports come in ?? Have you heard from Kwpot ??? about the table. I FINALLY getting excited !!! My boss told me i may have to delay my vacation, I just started laughing and told him if he refund all my $$$$ I'd be glad too !! :eek:

Still no passport, but we got a call from our MP, followed by a call from the passport office promising them by next Friday. And yesterday we checked out Amex card and they charged the processing fee.

We should be good for dinnner. Won't it be funny if they put us at a table for 8 and there is one other couple... might be interesting and akward :)

Welcome!

It is our first transatlantic as well.

The main roll call is quite active.

Yves (my huzband) is setting up a murder mystery on the main roll call.

So far, three couples (including us) have arranged (hopefully) to be seated at the same table and it's open to others as well.

Hi Everyone,

I will be ont he April 16th Miami Barcelona Cruise with my partner. It is our first transatlantic. Looking foward to 5 days at sea with no agenda!

Looking foward to meeting up with other family members and having a great time.

Michael

Hello Michael and partner,

Glad you are joining us on this cruise. There will be tons of family on board. Enough to create a whole new cast of "are you being served".

Ruy and Dennis Amesbury MA WINGSRCL

Ephrain and Yves Montreal Quebec EPHRAIM

Donald and Mark Houston TX SPARKY123/TXBEAR

Anthony and ? Philadelphia PA KWOKPOT

Ruy and Dennis - Amesbury MA WINGSRCL

Ephrain and Yves -Montreal Quebec EPHRAIM

Donald and Mark Houston - TX SPARKY123/TXBEAR

Anthony and Robert - Philadelphia PA KWOKPOT

John and Mark - Rotterdam - Netherlands twogayboysrotterdam

Michael and ? - Rhode Island - RHODEISLANDCRUISER

Thanks for looking that excess baggage information for the main board person with the question about Air Europa. I'm fluent in Portuguese and Spanish. You are right on the ball with your translation of the 1.5 % of the Y fare. The only difference I found was that they state the highest Y fare published the day you are paying the excess baggage. At first when I looked at the Air Europa website every day was quoted at 54 Euros... but looking at other days, I found fares as high as 187 Euros. I guess that lady will have to bring a few less pairs of shoes, dont you think?

We are enjoying beautiful weather here in Boston. The past few days we had blue skies and mild temperatures in the 60's.

We are so excited about getting on this ship. We booked this back in October and I don't do well with the waiting time.

Did you guys see that NCL Gem sailing on December 2nd Barcelona to Boston? I think it's a 9 or 10 nights and it stops in Funchal.

Ruy

Slight correction ot the list :)

Ruy and Dennis - Amesbury MA WINGSRCL

Ephraim and Yves - Montreal QC EPHRAIM/YVES

Donald and Mark - Houston - TX SPARKY123/TXBEAR

Anthony and Robert - Philadelphia PA KWOKPOT

John and Mark - Rotterdam - Netherlands twogayboysrotterdam

Michael and ? - Rhode Island - RHODEISLANDCRUISER

Thanks for looking that excess baggage information for the main board person with the question about Air Europa. I'm fluent in Portuguese and Spanish. You are right on the ball with your translation of the 1.5 % of the Y fare. The only difference I found was that they state the highest Y fare published the day you are paying the excess baggage. At first when I looked at the Air Europa website every day was quoted at 54 Euros... but looking at other days, I found fares as high as 187 Euros. I guess that lady will have to bring a few less pairs of shoes, dont you think?

We are enjoying beautiful weather here in Boston. The past few days we had blue skies and mild temperatures in the 60's.

We are so excited about getting on this ship. We booked this back in October and I don't do well with the waiting time.

Did you guys see that NCL Gem sailing on December 2nd Barcelona to Boston? I think it's a 9 or 10 nights and it stops in Funchal.

Ruy

I'm fluent in English, French and Hebrew. Yves will have to do with French and Hebrew. I know a smattering of words in many other languages, but not well enough to speak (It's usually easier to read and figure out). I realized that it was about the highest price, but I had no way to find out what full Y fare really was.

I don't know how I feel about going on NCL again. They couldn't manage to find someone from staff to do hosting introductions for the FoD meeting. The front desk refused to tell anyone what an FoD or a FoBW meeting was (this is a NY crowd... no one cares) and it seems that all the Gay charters have moved away from NCL. And they have cancelled two different Gay Group cruises as well. I'm starting to get that unwelcome feeling.

I had a good laugh and I thought that I would share it.

I'm not much of a drinker, but I do like certain flavours, like mint. So, I was looking around the drink recipe list. First because I didn't know what a Mojito was. Anyway, I found the following recipe, see if you can tell me what the name of the drink is.....

1 1/2 oz Mount Gay Barbados rum

1/2 oz Grand Marnier orange liqueur

4 - 5 lime wedges

3 mint sprigs

1 tbsp sugar

1 - 2 oz apple juice

Archived