Brilliance Transatlantic April 16, 2007

wingsrcl

The new version's ISBN for Lonely Planet Spain is 1741045541 and for Lonely Planet Portugal is 1740599187. They are both expected to ship in March.

The only ports that we have been to before are Barcelona and Miami. We were also in Seville, Madrid and Toledo, last year. We are likely to stay in Cadiz or Jerez when we go to Cadiz. Jerez is where Sherry originated.

We haven't decided what we are going to do for the week we are in Spain. We were thinking of maybe going to Sitiges, but we're afraid it might be too early for that. Or maybe we will go to Southern France, like Bordeaux, though, we don't want to be in France on the 1st of May, of course.

Anthony & Robert here. Formally from NYC, now in Philly. We're both 45; I'm (Anthony) Asian American and Robert is Bronx-Born NYC Jew :D

This will be our 13th cruise; we just came back from a 5 day caribbean on the new NCL Pearl; had a great time! There were actually many gay couples on board.

We have been to the South of Spain, I've been to Madrid, but we've never been to Barcelona, so we're planning to stay an extra 3 nts post cruise.

Enjoy. I'm in Montreal... the airport wasn't closed for even a minute. Everyone went to work and the city has cleaned my street a few times. Final snow clearing on my street is tonight... they did the even side yesterday, tonight for the odd side.

Snow doesn't slow us down. And I'm a native... which means that all winter long, I wear shoes and never boots. That's how we tell the "immigrants" from the native city people. I don't even own a pair of boots.

Ephraim,

We are still digging out of 12 inches of snow in our backyard. Dreadful!

Is any one having the same problem Im having ?? Donald (my partner) gives me a daily update, on clothes, packing, weather, weight loss, packing or any thing cruise related. I need a vacation just from the planning:p :p

Nothing yet. And we still don't have our passports. Canadian passport office is so backed up.

We also haven't decided what we are doing for the week after the cruise. Nor have we reserved a room in Barcelona, since... we don't know what we are doing after the cruise. Our flight back is on the 6th and they haven't called us to pick up those tickets either.

I haven't started bothering Dennis with planning yet, usually I work all the details and he comes along. I'm sure Don has the best of intentions, just give him an oscar for effort... I had a quick little visit to St. Kitts and Nevis this week and a fabulous stay at the Four Seasons. Celebrity Galaxy was in port. She is looking a bit under the weather.

Now we can say we are cruising "next month"! The RCL website continues to show no availability on this cruise. I think they are holding some inventory and trying to sell their other transatlantics, especially the Splendour of the Seas crossing.

The only docs that we got so far are for the excursions.

I have my books on order, but the new Lonely Planet doesn't come out until the 15th of March. I saw a nice book on the Azores, but it was expensive, considering that we are just there for a day.

Has any one done the mystry dinner??? :confused: Its sounds like fun, Mr. D will find a excuse not to go, unless someone makes it sound a little funner:rolleyes: Ephraim I hope your feeling better. Did your passports come in yet?

Has any one done the mystry dinner??? :confused: Its sounds like fun, Mr. D will find a excuse not to go, unless someone makes it sound a little funner:rolleyes: Ephraim I hope your feeling better. Did your passports come in yet?

There is a brief discussion of this on the role call thread for this cruise. In any event, there is a surcharge of $49.50pp, which includes dinner, wine and entertainment. IMO, even with alcohol, the surcharge seems excessive, when the other surcharge dining venues are only $20pp.

I slept all day. I hope I'll be back to normal tomorrow.

I started the whole discussion on the $49.50 Murder Mystery thing. I would be more inclined if dinner was at Chops. Italian food doesn't ever warrant an extra $20 charge, never mind $49.50. (Pasta! Pasta is $1 worth of food!)

No passport, yet. I have to wait till next Friday before I fly off the handle. And I assure you, I will. We have proof of when they received it... so it better be ready or I'm going to explode!

BTW, anyone want to get together for a dinner table? We are at late seating.

You need to contact your agent with our confirmation number and we have to do the same with your confirmation number. That's all that's needed. We did this before and it worked out quite well.

Our agent's website actually has a form for it.

Best to do it in email. My email address is ephraim (at) inforoute.net

Archived