Can you use NCL shuttle if no air through them?

IDKaren

I absolutely refuse to pay the inflated air thru NCL-difference of $300. Do you know if they will let you pay for shuttle between ship and airport if no air booked thru them? I know 3 years ago on NCL they would not let you-will they now? Have been having RUDE customer service people lately and hate to call them! Thanks!

You did not mention the city, ship or hotel you will be using, but....

Most of the time you can just take a cab for about the same money as the shuttle, but most important, and worth extra money in my mind>>>>

You can leave when you are ready and do not have to wait around for them to fill the bus and then wait for somebody or some paperwork or whatever it is that seems to take them forever.

I have heard of many travelers that had a prepaid shuttle/transfer that opted to take a cab anyways just to avoid the cattle call.

Why would you want to pay NCL's inflated price for the shuttle? We used SuperShuttle in New York from airport to the pier and it cost us $15 each -- NCL's charge was $30 per person! So, maybe we made three stops at hotels dropping people off before getting to the pier, but it was not bad. It was easy to go to the Super Shuttle desk, tell them where we were going, and in about 10 minutes, we were on our way.

You did not mention the city, ship or hotel you will be using, but....

Most of the time you can just take a cab for about the same money as the shuttle, but most important, and worth extra money in my mind>>>>

You can leave when you are ready and do not have to wait around for them to fill the bus and then wait for somebody or some paperwork or whatever it is that seems to take them forever.

I have heard of many travelers that had a prepaid shuttle/transfer that opted to take a cab anyways just to avoid the cattle call.

We are cruising out of New Orleans and I have heard that the shuttles are few and far between and very expensive so I was thinking about NCL shuttles- sounds like they are even MORE expensive than the shuttles and taxis!

We are cruising out of New Orleans and I have heard that the shuttles are few and far between and very expensive so I was thinking about NCL shuttles- sounds like they are even MORE expensive than the shuttles and taxis!

In NO you can put two people in a taxi as cheap as the shuttles. Limos are not that much more as three or four people can do a limo as cheap as shuttles.

Taxicabs: A cab ride costs $28.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) for one or two persons and $12.00 (per passenger) for three or more passengers. Pick-up is on the lower level, outside the baggage claim area. There may be an additional charge for extra baggage. $1 fuel surcharge added to total fare.

Airport Shuttle: Shuttle service is available from the airport to the hotels in the CBD for $13.00 (per person, one-way) or $26.00 (per person, round-trip). Three bags per person. Call 1-866-596-2699 or (504) 522-3500 for more details or to make a reservation. Advance reservations are required 48 hours prior to travel for all ADA accessible transfers. Please call well enough in advance for the specially-equipped shuttle to be reserved. For group reservations of 10 or more people please dial 1-866-596-2699. Ticket booths are located on the lower level in the baggage claim area. $2 fuel surcharge added to total fare.

Airport Limousine Service: Non Scheduled walk up limousine and sedan service available from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) and the French Quarter. The rate is $35.00 for one or two people and $10.00 per additional passenger for up to 8 passengers (total vehicle capacity). Limousine information desks are located on the lower level baggage claim areas.

Archived