Canada/New England Cruises

Does anyone know what cruiseline besides Princess does Canada/New England?

I saw a wonderful itinerary on Princess for Summer 2005 but it is the first week of Sept. I would want July or August (kids out of school) they only have the Sept one.. it was 12 days.

Same with Celebrity (I just checked) their cruises are Sept/Oct.. and I need July/Aug

Holland America does. I was on the Maasdam last month. It was my first HAL cruise and I loved it...so much, that I came home and booked another HAL cruise to Alaska next month. I previously had only sailed on RCI and Carnival, both of which I enjoyed.

Marie

Just an FYI....I saw many families, and the crowd was not as mature(old) as some think...btw, I am 41. I will say, there is NOT much nightlife. If you like to party in the evening, this may not be the line for you. But, I did observe nice live lounge music and people dancing. I am very happily married, but dh could not get the time off, so this was a solo cruise for me. I had a wonderful time. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Marie

Hi again

The HAL cruise is one week out of Boston... drat, I was really liking the 12 night Itinerary that princess has also Royal Caribbean has 10 & 11 night cruises but again not ill Sept/Oct.

Grrrrrr.. :mad:

I wonder why someone doesn't do a nice long summer itin?

By the way, the lack of night life is okay with me... we are exhausted by 10pm LOL my 10 year old daughter regularily fell asleep during dinner - head in her plate - on the last cruise we went on.

We will be on our third cruise Canada-New England. The first time in 2001 it

was with Cunard. The second time in 2002 it was with NCL. This time it is Holland America Maasdam. WE are booked on HAL from Montreal to Boston and back to Montreal. The itineries may be quite different depending on the cruise line. We absolutely love this run and are looking forward to it on August 21.

If you're taking a Canada/New England Cruise, make sure to take one that includes a stop in Quebec City because we really have a wonderful city for tourists, lots of things to do and see within walking distance and others within a short taxi ride. I am living here but I also love to play the tourist in my own city, I'm sure you will love it. Halifax is also a city I enjoy a lot and Bar Harbour is another one I like (but only went to the Park they have there, never on a cruise). St.John's is not my favorite but I'm sure you can find something to do. Montreal is great for night life if you stay there long enough but also interesting during the day.

Please write a review when you come back and tell me if you liked my city.

Thanks in advance!

Radisson also offers 7 day cruises from New York to Montreal and Montreal to New York. Stops at Boston, Bar Harbor, Halifax and Quebec.

JP2001- We booked a 14 day back to back on RSSC Navigator round-trip out of New York for Oct. 8, 2005. Look forward to spending over 24 hours in Quebec on each leg of the cruise. Would appreciate any suggestions on things to do in your beautiful city. Are there any bike tours that you would recommend?

• 2 weeks later...

Casshew, we are in a similar situation as you. We love to cruise in Canada/New England, but most of the more interesting itineraries are offered while school is in session.

We will be on Maasdam in a couple of weeks, and I'll let you know how it goes. BTW, Maasdam is SOLD OUT for our cruise, so perhaps that could be a sign to HAL and other lines that this itinerary is in high demand during the summer months. I agree with jp2001 that a stop in Quebec City is wonderful -- but is rarely offered in the summer. :(

Archived