Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

I was trying to find out if the hurricane last year damaged Passion Island too bad? Is that still a shore excursion?
We went there a few years ago and really enjoyed it and wondered if it was still there. We are doing another western next spring and were planning excursions.
Thanks!!

[INDENT][quote name='cozgal']Passion island is on the northern end of the island, reached via small ferry boats. from the ferry landing you travel about 10 minutes on a dirt packed road to get to the main road, then about another 15 minutes (depending on traffic in town)...figure your total road time will be about 25 minutes + the 10-15 minute boat time to C+C.
(It is easier for me to judge distance by time when in Cozumel)
Hope this helps.[/quote]thanks so much for your reply was wondering how long it would take, someone had said they moved
[/INDENT]

We went to Passion Island 2 years ago and then returned July 06. It was somewhat damaged by the hurricane. Alot of the trees and vegetation was killed. They have rebuilt the huts for shopping and the place where you go to eat. There are still some of the trees. All the good stuff is still there. The white beach, the beautiful water, the great food, hammocks, the excellent tour guides (Jorge is hilarious), the free flowing Coronas and Passion Island punch. We even found some things to be better if that is possible. Have fun! I know if you liked it before you will not be disappointed.

Lisa

I would like to know how one would get to Passion Island on their own - without booking an excursion thru the cruise line.....I haven't been able to find where anyone has mentioned doing this (they all say it was a booked excursion).
This will be our 1st visit to Cozumel, and my new hubby and I think this place sounds perfect!!! After getting off the ship - can anyone direct us how to get to PI? And how much any ferries/transportation normally charge...

Thanks for any and all help!
Dawne :)

[quote name='dawne1215']I would like to know how one would get to Passion Island on their own - without booking an excursion thru the cruise line.....I haven't been able to find where anyone has mentioned doing this (they all say it was a booked excursion).
This will be our 1st visit to Cozumel, and my new hubby and I think this place sounds perfect!!! After getting off the ship - can anyone direct us how to get to PI? And how much any ferries/transportation normally charge...

Thanks for any and all help!
Dawne :)[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that Passion Island was a private island reserved for cruise ship tours. I believe that they also limit the number of spots available on the excursions.

-Steven

We went to Passion Island in 2002 and are thinking about going back when we cruise down there next year. When we were there four years they did have floating mattresses. Am I reading some of these posts correctly that they no longer have them? That was what we did for much of the day. The water was great.

Lgbteacher, did you do any walking around the island? I'd like to do a nature walk and enjoy some of the birds that might be there. I am just wondering if you or others have walked a ways from the main beach area.

Also, did you get any sand flea bites while you were there?

Thanks for posting about Passion Beach. I can't wait to go in December!

[quote name='Marie213']Lgbteacher, did you do any walking around the island? I'd like to do a nature walk and enjoy some of the birds that might be there. I am just wondering if you or others have walked a ways from the main beach area.

Also, did you get any sand flea bites while you were there?

Thanks for posting about Passion Beach. I can't wait to go in December![/quote]

I did take walk. I went both directions from the main beach. I didn't see very many varieties of birds but I wasn't really looking up. I was searching the beach for shells. I found the coolest piece of coral. Our tour guide said I could take it because it was no longer alive. They don't allow people to take live things away from the beach. There were 16 of us there in August and no one had any flea bites. I wish I was going back in December. Guess I will just have to wait until next year. Have a great time and tell Jorge the "family" said Hi!

Lisa

Lisa - thanks for posting all the updated information on Passion Island - we will be there in Nov. and I wondered how much it had changed since we had been there 3 yrs ago and if the hammocks were still there -they were my dh's favorite part of the day. Also, glad to hear the food is still great - we enjoyed it so much last time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Fighterone']Just finished reading the entire board and it is most certainly worth the day. Too bad it's only 5 hours.

I didn't see this question. Are there lockers in those beautiful restrooms?

[/quote]

Anyone have any answers to Fighterone's question?

Thanks!

[quote name='rburns44']I am going on the Glory 12/30 and can't seem to find Passion Island listed as an excursion. Am I missing something or is it hiding under another name?

Thanks!

Becky[/quote]
Becky,
I found the Passion Island Tour under excursions on the Carnival website. It is listed as Isla Pasion Beach Adventure VIP. I went to more details to make sure it was the same beautiful place we went to and it is. Hope you have a great time. Let us know how it was. I hope you get Jorge as your guide he was hilarious.

Lisa

Passion Island was not listed as an excursion on it's own on our Princess cruise two months ago, but was the second part of a 4 wheel drive excursion that we did (4WD/beach). Lovely beach and very hospitable people.

[quote name='RDSLS']We took the Passion Island excursion several years ago and was delighted with everything offered. I have alot of pictures of Passion Island, just click the link in my signature.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=purple]Thanks for showing us your beautiful pictures ! We just booked the Passion Island excursion last friday and we can't wait. I am going to show DH your pictures tonight, I know he is going to love them! my DD sure did I could not pull her away from the screen to get ready for school LOL:p [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#800080][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#800080]Cali :) [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#800080]Voyager W. Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT 1688"[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#800080]Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#800080]S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='rburns44']Lisa, Still can't find it. Only shows Playa Mia and have been there numerous times. Wonder if it has something to do with the fact that we are there on Jan 1st and it is not offered then. Will call Carnival and ask. Thanks!

Becky[/quote]

Becky,
Did you get on the carnival website? I did it again and it comes up. That is strange that it won't come up for you. It is just the general carnival site. Then to excursions and go the Western Car. then to Cozumel. It then brings up a long list of all the excursions for Cozumel. I would give you the exact website but I think it is against the Cruise Critics rules. Good luck.
Lisa

[quote name='RDSLS']We took the Passion Island excursion several years ago and was delighted with everything offered. I have alot of pictures of Passion Island, just click the link in my signature.[/quote]

I really liked your pictures~ they took me right back to some great cruises!

Archived