confirmation of cabana?

hoptoit

My TA reserved a cabana for me. My credit card was charged but I have never received a confirmation from HAL. I emailed them and have not gotten an answer. Do you get a confirmation? I really need that purple cabana for my mother-in-law! Also, how strict are they about having more than 4 people in the cabana? Do you think I should pay for 2 more kids? I didn't know if we would all be in the cabana at the same time. Thanks for your help.

My TA reserved a cabana for me, also. I asked her to send me a confirmation, and she got one from Holland America office and sent it to me. I strongly urge you to do this. This past January, I think I was one of the first ones who reserved a cabana ahead of time and took my written confirmation with me to the desk in the suite lounge. They didn't know anything about it, but straightened it all out after seeing my printed confirmation. She said she was glad I was early as they would have already rented the one I had reserved. When I go on my trip in November, one of the first things I will do is show my confirmation.

I would not pay any more for the kids. You will get a soft drink set up, and when everything is gone, it is gone! I believe there will be enough with the set up for 4 people. In January, we paid for 6 people to use the cabana, and there was so much stuff left over, that we left most of it. I did take some of the bottled water back to the cabin to use on the ship, but that was all.

You will enjoy the cabana.

Dee

Dee,

Thanks for the info. I am going to call my TA for the confirmation.

Would there be enough seating in the cabana if I don't pay for the x-tra 2 people? Only 7 more days! We can't wait. Lori

Dee,

Thanks for the info. I am going to call my TA for the confirmation.

Would there be enough seating in the cabana if I don't pay for the x-tra 2 people? Only 7 more days! We can't wait. Lori

There is plenty of seating for everyone. There are 4 chairs at the small dining table, 2 lounge chairs on the porch and many lounge chairs in front of the cabana on the sand.

Dee

We are going on the Sept. 4th Zuiderdam cruise and reserved 2 cabana's direct with HAL. I had them fax me a confirmation copy after reading about some problems people had without confirmations. They also can email you a confirmation. The young lady that worked with me even sent a map of the cabana's and info for me. I will say with having problems with Cruises Only now that they were bought out by another company and having no travel agent anymore HAL has been wonderful. I have to say I am very impressed with their Ship Services and Customer Services personnel. We were going to purchase for our group over 200.00 in liquor and a rep informed me to wait and get room service to deliver it to me to save on the tax and set-up charges. After each call so sar which there has only been 3 the rep's also say........anything else we can help with or any questions I can answer. Wow!! It's wonderful to run into great representives after what I have gone threw with Cruises only. I hope you get as great of service as I have so far.

Last week I reserved the Turquoise cabana for my 11/6 Zuidy and the gentleman emailed me a confirmation. The email stated "Light Blue", so I emailed him back to change the rez and he changed it and emailed me back the correct rez. Thanks for the heads-up re notifying the Concierge, but I'm in a Cat A this time and don't have that privilege. I'll check with the excursion desk when I board.

My TA reserved a cabana for me, also. I asked her to send me a confirmation, and she got one from Holland America office and sent it to me. I strongly urge you to do this. This past January, I think I was one of the first ones who reserved a cabana ahead of time and took my written confirmation with me to the desk in the suite lounge. They didn't know anything about it, but straightened it all out after seeing my printed confirmation. She said she was glad I was early as they would have already rented the one I had reserved. When I go on my trip in November, one of the first things I will do is show my confirmation.

I would not pay any more for the kids. You will get a soft drink set up, and when everything is gone, it is gone! I believe there will be enough with the set up for 4 people. In January, we paid for 6 people to use the cabana, and there was so much stuff left over, that we left most of it. I did take some of the bottled water back to the cabin to use on the ship, but that was all.

You will enjoy the cabana.

Dee

Last week I reserved the Turquoise cabana for my 11/6 Zuidy and the gentleman emailed me a confirmation. The email stated "Light Blue", so I emailed him back to change the rez and he changed it and emailed me back the correct rez. Thanks for the heads-up re notifying the Concierge, but I'm in a Cat A this time and don't have that privilege. I'll check with the excursion desk when I board.

Candy, glad you got written confirmation. I would definitely re-confirm with the excursion desk when you board. Have a great cruise!

Dee

Thank you for all the info.

Coincidently, I just reserved a cabana for our trip at the end of August. It never occured to me to ask for a confirmation receipt ! I will get right back to them !

Don't know what I would do without these bulletin boards...............

Thank you everyone for the info. Called HAL and they emailed me a confirmation! She said they don't normally send confirmation for the cabanas. Grannynurse, my TA reserved it for me after I told him about the cabans. (thanks to these boards) You do not need to be in a suite to order a cabana. Call this HAL number and I think they can help you. (ship services) Phone: 1-800-541-1576

Archived