Freedom ? - What Night is What?

MCazer

We sail this weekend, and I am trying to have everything ready, and wanted to know what nights are formal, what night is usually the Caribbean theme, so that I can make a ressie at Chops or Portofino.

We are main seating, and would love to know a time suggestion also, so that we do not miss any shows (especially Quest).

Thanks!

Hi! You are going to love Freedom!! I jsut got back last Sunday.

I can tell you that Quest was held at 11:45 pm in Studio B on Deck 3 on Thursday, November 16th.

Formal Night was Day 2, Monday 11/13 Main Seating @ 6pm & 8:30 pm was 2nd seating

Formal Night was also Day 5, Thursday 11/16 same times

The SURF Dinner was held on Day 4.

Do NOT miss the Freedom Ice Show! FANTASTIC.

We had to get our tickets (no charge, but you need tickets) Monday morning. They had a few showings but you must get your tickets Monday morning!

Have Fun!! (I don't know how you won't!)

So little time, so much to do! LOL

We leave Friday.

1. Can I pack one of those 4 packs of White Zinfindel (those little bottles) in my carry on? Or do you think they will take them away?

2. Is that Orange/red ticket that states we can't get onboard til 2pm correct?

3. Did you eat in either Chops or Portofino? If so, which did you like the best?

4. What night is the caribbean/Mexican night? I usually don't like that food, and would go the a specialty restaurant.

5. How was disembarkation? We are getting picked up @ 10am by a car service for a 2pm flight from Ft. Lauderdale. What time/color should I request?

6. Are they doing stations with white backgrounds for portraits? (they had this last year on Mariner) my favorite photos!

Thanks in advance, I am sure I will have more questions~ LOL

If you are going to go to a specialty restaurant I would suggest wednesday. That was the surf party menu and we had a large group of us and none of us thought it was good, we were all sorry we didnt go that night.

I had two bottles of tequila rose in my carry on and no one stopped me

They say you cant get on until 200, which will be true if there was a problem with disembarkation, but if not, we were on the ship before noon

Havent tried chops but portofinos is excellent

And yes they have the white backround pictures

wednesday night is the deck party, but friday night is the club 20 which is in the solarium and I thought it was fantastic, we had a great time.

Janet,

I'm sailing on Freedom in January. Thanks for the information you've shared so far. Is it possible to make reservations for Portofinos before you board the ship? Also, you mentioned Club 20 on Friday. Can you explain more about that?

Thanks.

Kathy

OK, I have the Compasses from 10/15 cruise, so I hope my answers satisfy you & all.

So little time, so much to do! LOL

We leave Friday.

1. Can I pack one of those 4 packs of White Zinfindel (those little bottles) in my carry on? Or do you think they will take them away?

In Checked luggage since carry ons are opened & cleaned out by staff.

2. Is that Orange/red ticket that states we can't get onboard til 2pm correct?

Folks shows at 11:30AM and if the 4600 folks are not off the ship, they cannot start boarding. So you may be lucky to be in the seated area to board if you are rated, other than that the line can run back to Carnival's terminal to board.

3. Did you eat in either Chops or Portofino? If so, which did you like the best?

Chops wins in our book. The news Dungeonus crab cakes for appetizer, then filet mignon with baked potatoe, and no room for dessert so they packaged it up for us to take & eat later or from breakfast on the balcony with room ervice coffee. Even had a napkin with folks tucked in it.

4. What night is the caribbean/Mexican night? I usually don't like that food, and would go the a specialty restaurant.

First night dinner is half hour later (6:30PM & 9PM) with the late arrivals that were not late just a long line.

Night #2 is Captains Gala Dinner with free cocktails for C&A members before dinner.

Night #3 is Crown & Anchor dinner

Night #4 is Surf Dinner

Night #5 is Venetian Feast

Night #6 was Chef's Dinner (You get to meet him)

Night #7 is Feast of Nations (boy did we eat)

5. How was disembarkation? We are getting picked up @ 10am by a car service for a 2pm flight from Ft. Lauderdale. What time/color should I request?

Day 3 you will get a form that you fill out & give to the Purser tellling them your airline & flight # & time of departure & then they send the tags according to time needed to depart. We had a 4PM flight so we were PINK to disembark LAST! That was 12:20PM.

6. Are they doing stations with white backgrounds for portraits? (they had this last year on Mariner) my favorite photos!

About 10 different backgrounds so walk around & see what you like including the Titanic background, why they use it I don't know.

Thanks in advance, I am sure I will have more questions~ LOL

ENJOY THE CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived