What's up with airfares?

thefog

Going on cruise in March and wondering anyone else finding airfares are very expensive. Just hate paying 2000 CAN. for the 4 of us to Fll then miami back to Detroit.:confused: :confused:

i think all of us that are cruising from FLL in March are wondering the same thing! we are seriously considering driving...but I guess that wouldn't be a good option from Canada....

good luck!

Beverly

There was a story on our local News about airfare and gas prices. Gas is suppose to be down and air up.

Our gas has gone up and the air I checked into for July today was resonable to me.

Maybe I am lucky that the time I might be flying is not a high traffic time. I have no idea.

I do have to buy air for next Thanksgivng and I am worried about that air pricing.

Depending on where you are in Canada...perhaps you can watch Detroit or Buffalo for more reasonable prices. (Spirit out of DTW has been running some great fares to FL...but too early yet for Mar). DD lives in Toronto area and has done MUCH better driving to Detroit and flying with us. However, we leave this weekend for San Juan and she got a great rate out of Buffalo NY.

Deb

Most airlines have their sales on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Try AirTran...got round trip from Boston to Florida this January for $170! You can also go on Kayak.com They will searche EVERY airline for you, even ones you would have never thought of, and give you the prices. You dont purchase tix thru them. They will direct you straight to the airlines website.

Good luck!

~Erin

Most airlines have their sales on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Try AirTran...got round trip from Boston to Florida this January for $170! You can also go on Kayak.com They will searche EVERY airline for you, even ones you would have never thought of, and give you the prices. You dont purchase tix thru them. They will direct you straight to the airlines website.

Good luck!

~Erin

Should have bought the airfare last summer, that is when I bought mine. I have 4 of us going from Seattle to Fort Lauderdale for $1345 Canadian!!! You need to go from a US airport, cause if I was to go from home it would have been $4800 Canadian, that is almost double my cruise price.... and how about your hotel?? They are high too!!!

Jan

Watch for Spirit out of Detroit We are a family of 5 going n a cruise departing Dec 30. Cheaper to fly into Fort Meyers, rent a van (52.00 budget) and drive across than fly into FLL. About an hour across. 200.00 per person leaving Dec 29 and returning Sat Jan 6th Can't beat. Booked in October

Going on cruise in March and wondering anyone else finding airfares are very expensive. Just hate paying 2000 CAN. for the 4 of us to Fll then miami back to Detroit.:confused: :confused:

San Diego to LAX.....about 120 miles.......it is $400US.......I can't believe it. We need to go in Feb......looks like we will drive instead...:)

I recently posted about the same thing. We too are going in March, on the 31st and I found it was about $560pp round trip everytime I checked, even with Spirit and Jetblue, and even at the smaller airports. My TA told me to call my PVP and talk to her about it and see if she can book us for air because their rate was about $350 so I called her and she has us set up for airfare through Carnival. My PVP told me to keep checking and see if I can get it on my own at the same or lower price but if not at least I am in there for it. I have read horror stories about the airfare but I don't have much of a choice if I want to go on the cruise. The upside is that there will be a shuttle to and from the airport once we get to Florida. Call carnival or your TA and see if they can put you in for it and then you just have about until 6 weeks before you leave to cancel. It will not change your deposit amount any either.

We are flying from Sydney to LAX and its costing us $6100AUD ($4575USD) including taxes.....too difficult to make that drive:D Then LAX to Houston Hobby for our carnival cruise on 7th Jan, we picked up return airfares through Southwest for $532 AUD ($360USD), not sure if that is good or not.

San Diego to LAX.....about 120 miles.......it is $400US.

If you can get to the Carlsbad airport [san Diego area], you can get to LA for about 20% of that. And, if you can get to Oceanside, you can take a Metrolink train to Union Station/a nonstop bus [Ffyaway] to LAX. It'll cost about $10-15. Each price one-way p/p

My husband and I just booked our flights for Jan 11- Jan 20 on expedia.ca

We got a great deal at $135 each return! (Detroit to Orlando) I found that the prices were much higher a few months ago. I would wait and see if the prices drop. Also sign up for the email from Spirit. They have sales about 2 months in advance but they have been offering $69 each way from Detroit to Orlando around xmas time!

We are flying out of Detroit and flying into fort lauderdale and renting a car there driving to miami for precruise night at hotel. We are flying Spirit there are 4 of us and it came to approx $1100 U.S. My sister booked 3 weeks later on Northwest and thiers came to approx $900 U.S. :( My brother in law was up at 3 am and decided to look for some airfare and this is what he came up with. I have read of others finding great deals in the middle of the night as well.

May even be cheaper to come in 2 days before and fly out a day later... even with the added expense of an extra night in a hotel.

Airline ticket prices probably will continue higher in the near future. Along with the major airlines dehubbing airports and cutting capacity, supply and demand are starting to equal out and there is no incentive to cut ticket prices any longer. There maybe some deals out there but even the low cost carriers have been raising ticket prices steadily well above adjusting for fuel costs and inflation. I hope it's temporary but doubt it. IMHO.

Well I booked my cruise a few months back and got the cruise air from CC through my TA. I now notice that CC dosen't even offer cruise air for my cruise anymore, its just not an option. So I am glad I booked early otherwise it would have cost me $400 more a person for just the air, and there are 4 of us (thats $1600....lots of foo foo drinks :D )

Airline ticket prices probably will continue higher in the near future. Along with the major airlines dehubbing airports and cutting capacity, supply and demand are starting to equal out and there is no incentive to cut ticket prices any longer. There maybe some deals out there but even the low cost carriers have been raising ticket prices steadily well above adjusting for fuel costs and inflation. I hope it's temporary but doubt it. IMHO.

Exactly. Airfare will continue to rise and will not level off for some time.

Hi Jan, We booked flight out of detroit day before cruise leaving early in the morning to FLL . Then coming back out of Maimi, booked this in summertime for 500 CAN each now its even higher don't understand these prices. Pretty soon we might have to drive the 27 hour trip from Windsor to go cruising.

Archived