Who's off the Glory today?

sheilb4

How was the cave- tubing.com? Are they outside waiting on you when you arrive? How long is the excursion? The hole in the fence did you have to pay for anything? How was the sushi bar? What are the alternatives for the dining room? What night is formal night?

I was very impressed with cave-tubing.com they are waiting for you outside the terminal with a sign with the name of the person who books. The glory was delayed in tendering that day, so it was a litte short (but plenty long enough) we left the pier about 10 and it was a half hour drive..then about a half hour walk through the rainforest (which was really cool) Then about a half hour in the river. Then the bus voted to go to lunch and it was really good. Authentic meal for 5.00

Hole in the fence you don't have to pay for anything. We just tipped a lot for our beers. See my post above in this thread for sushi. As far as dinner we ate in the DR every night excrpt the night we ae in Emerald which was phenomenal

Can anyone comment on the excursions? We are going in January and so far we have booked swimming with dolphins in Cozumel and the Altun Ha, River Wallace excursion in Belize. Has anyone done either of these? We are staying in an inside cabin. Does anyone have experience with this??

My wife and I did the dolphin swim. It was great. Waves were realy rough that day and about half way through the session the younger dolphin did not want to particapate, so the brought in an older one. This dolphin was smarter than we were about what was suppsed to be done.

I heard from some tablemates that Alta Han was a good time.

• 1 month later...
Sushi was good. It seemed they started out more tame (white fish, salmon, veggie rolls, crab rolls) and added more fish as the week went on (tuna, oysters, mussels etc.). There were selections such as ahi tuna in the fish and chips and on dinner menu. I think you would really like fish and chips-- lots of selection-- yes, oysters, calamari etc.

Is there really calamari up in the fish and chips? Is this everyday?

Archived