Luggage Valet --- Does it Exist or is it a Rumor?

cruzin4us

I remember reading about "Luggage Valet" somewhere, but I can't seem to locate the thread.

Anyway, I heard there is a luggage valet service for talking your bags from your cabin to the airport.

This is important to us since our flight doesn't leave until 11:30 at night.

I think I remember it was about $15 per bag?

Has anyone used this service and was it worth it?

Thanks all,

Laurie

I think it's only at certain ports, and only with certain airlines... I may be wrong, but I seem to recall seeing something about Miami and American Airlines... check the North American Homeports section, there may be something there... or maybe in the Cruise Air section within Cruise Discussion Topics?

Yes, it exists. $15 in San Diego $10 in Florida ports. Only certain airlines are participating.

What sailing are you doing?

We are debarking in Santiago Chile (Valparaiso).....our flight is on American.

Has the price come down? That alone would be a first.

I've used it several times in FLL for $15 (not per bag, per person) and once in San Diego for $20.

In my experience and opinion, it was well worth the money.

You get special luggage tags and your boarding pass in your room around 11 PM and put your bags in the hall. When you debark it gets differnt. In FLL I had to go to a special area, get my bags with a porter and go throuh customs. Then the porter gives your bags to the Luggage Valet people. In SAN I never saw the bags after I put them in the hall.

I know there have been complaints about the service, but my experience has been stellar!

We just got home on Thanksgiving day and used it! It was amazing!!! It is $10- pp and is available on American Airlines flights (even those not booked with Celebrity!), Continental and several other airlines (sorry, can't recall). You just claim your luggage in the cruise terminal, go through customs and have the porter take your bags to the "valet" area which was a luggage truck with several men waiting to load them. We didn't see them again until Ontario, CA and we had a plane change in DFW. We will always do this when available from now on!!!!!!:D

It was $10 in San Juan, Puerto Rico, where we concluded our 14-night cruise on Summit. Alas, we were notified in mid-afternoon on the final night that United had not approved our transfer and that we would have to schlep our own bags (one of the few negatives we had with Celebrity). So far, we have not checked to see why United did this (was it our request for an upgrade, or a close connection?). As it is, we shelled out $30 in tips ($15 at the port, $15 at the airport) to have a porter handle our four, very heavy bags (Ya can never have enough clothes or shoes :) ).

Archived