Tour with David and Ivan

cruise scientist

I completed the online reservation form at David & Ivan's website, and they replied via email to me. But I'm concerned that our ship (Legend) is scheduled to dock at Costa Maya at 10AM, and the tour leaves Majahual at 11AM.

I suppose that if the scheduled dock time is 10AM ET, and Costa Maya is in the Central time zone, then we probably have enough time to get off the ship and taxied to the village. But is one hour enough? It seems like this might not be enough time.

I'm still a little confused about ship time vs. local time. Thanks to anyone that sort this out for me.

Don't worry, David and Ivan will sort it out! They keep track of when the ship docks.

It seems that usually they are picking up at the port now, instead of in Majahual, and their usual time is one hour after the ship docks. What we did was just get off the ship and walk out through the tourist village to the bus parking lot and bought our $3 ticket at the window, and then kept saying "David and Ivan" and right away everybody knew how to take care of us. They did not put us on the bus, but had us wait in another area and called David on their cell phone. If you get off the ship as soon as it docks you will be there in plenty of time. It sort of works with "Mexican efficiency" but it works!

Have a GREAT cruise!

I am a slow walker, and lean on my cane a lot. I had no problems with David at Chacchoben as the pace of the tour is very leisurely with frequent stops. I was not able to climb the big steps, but there were benches at the bottom to relax on. However that was the only place I remember benches. At most of the other stops we stood while David explained it. And it is a fairly good walk by the time you go completely around the loop.

It is hard to judge how another person would do. I do not consider myself a good walker or in very good shape, and I did fine.

• 2 weeks later...

We're on the Grandeur leaving this Saturday. :D I've been trying for a week to book a Chacchoben tour with David and Ivan. I've emailed them three times (using two different addresses) and still no response. We're leaving for the airport at 6am on Sat. morning and I'm worried that I won't know if we are confirmed or not before we get on the ship. :( I'd really like to take this tour since we've heard so many glowing comments on CC. Should we look for them at the pier area anyway? :confused:

Any advice?

Panicking, :eek:

Tina

Archived