Parking in Ft. Lauderdale?

decemberkid

Alright, we've just booked our first cruise and, woah, its only a couple weeks away!

One question, but I'm sure many more to come...lol...

We're leaving from Ft. Lauderdale but we're driving from Orlando. I've read that parking is something in the area of $12 a day (and its a 7 day cruise)! Has anyone found anything less costly?

Right near the entrance to Port Everglades is a "Park and Fly" lot that others here have said is cheaper than than the cruise port's $12 a day. We always do use the $12 a day covered parking garage because it is usually quite close to the ship...depending on where the ship is docked.

Hopefully someone who has used the cheaper lot will be able to fill you in on the details.

I live in Ft Lauderdale and always park at ParknFly for air or sea travel. If you book online thru the web site, you get a cheaper rate. About 9 bucks a day. The lot is right next to the port and shuttle that takes you there is worth it! #1- for some reason, the shuttle bus bypasses the line of cars waiting to get into the port. #2--you are dropped off right at the terminal, the proters grab your luggage and BOOM you're aboard. #3-- you should see the hassle of the port deck--shlepping your carryon and jockying for a space getting there, and when you return trying to wait for elevators with all your stuff along side 300 other people also waiting for the elevators! Remember too, the port covered parking may not necessarally be right near your ship-- I think there are port shuttles to the different terminals. I guess it comes down to the covered parking deal-- and if you are concerned about the elements on your car. Hope this helps!

Leslie

• 2 years later...

Parking at Ft Lauderdale, Port Everglades is $15 dollars a day. It has been a few years since it was changed from $12. Park & Fly is $12 a day and if you belong to AAA you get a discount.

We always park at the port. The difference in price of $21 is worth it to us for the convenience of port parking.

I live in Ft Lauderdale and always park at ParknFly for air or sea travel. If you book online thru the web site, you get a cheaper rate. About 9 bucks a day. The lot is right next to the port and shuttle that takes you there is worth it! #1- for some reason, the shuttle bus bypasses the line of cars waiting to get into the port. #2--you are dropped off right at the terminal, the proters grab your luggage and BOOM you're aboard. #3-- you should see the hassle of the port deck--shlepping your carryon and jockying for a space getting there, and when you return trying to wait for elevators with all your stuff along side 300 other people also waiting for the elevators! Remember too, the port covered parking may not necessarally be right near your ship-- I think there are port shuttles to the different terminals. I guess it comes down to the covered parking deal-- and if you are concerned about the elements on your car. Hope this helps!

Leslie

We have used Park-n-Fly in Fort Lauderdale and I agree with everything in this post.

• 1 month later...

Leslie

Since you live in the area we are trying to get to naples and back to lauderdale one week apart no need for a car in naples just to get there and back in Dec any ideas ccontact me at guyeagleskye@comcast.net please

Archived