Boarding Pass???

IncredibleCruising

Can anyone tell me if this is has happened to them, I can not get my boarding pass to print and on the Princess web site it says that you can print it within 75 days of sailing and I am right now at 68 days left until I sail but I can not get my boarding pass to print. I have made final payment on Nov.7/06. I called my TA and she said that if you book with your own TA that you have to wait until your within 30 days of sailing before it will print. So my question is am I the only one that this is happening to or is my TA wrong????

Any answers or suggestions...

Thanks Heather:rolleyes:

Can anyone tell me if this is has happened to them, I can not get my boarding pass to print and on the Princess web site it says that you can print it within 75 days of sailing and I am right now at 68 days left until I sail but I can not get my boarding pass to print. I have made final payment on Nov.7/06. I called my TA and she said that if you book with your own TA that you have to wait until your within 30 days of sailing before it will print. So my question is am I the only one that this is happening to or is my TA wrong????

Any answers or suggestions...

Thanks Heather:rolleyes:

We have not had a problem and book with a TA. Normally, within a few days after final payment, the boarding passes show ready to print. Did you put in your CC number? That seems to be holding up the printing for some when it is not entered.

I could not get mine it said not paid in full. But I was, but there was a mistake on My TA end. Got it worked out It took two weeks and I tried to download and it wouldnt so I called the 800 number and they fixed whatever it was and then it all worked. I did not wait till 30 days. Call them they are very helpful. Hope it works for you.

If you are American citizens and have completed all of your pre-cruise documentation online you will not need a boarding pass. (We haven't needed boarding passes on our last 2 cruises with Princess.)

Once you pass the screening machines you'll be directed to a desk where you will be asked for your last name, identification (passport, etc.), and your credit card for the cruise. Your cruise cards will be issued and then on to boarding where you'll be photographed with your cruise card. It's all automated now just like the airlines.

Enjoy your cruise! :cool:

Thanks everyone for the info.....I called the 1-800 number and they said that we were not paid in full, so I then called my TA and she said that everything is o.k. and that there is a problem with the travel company they deal with and Princess and not to worry. That we will be able to print them within 30 days of sailing. Well I sure hope everything goes like she said we have booked 3 other cruises in the past with her so I have no reason to worry I guess.

Heather:cool:

Thanks everyone for the info.....I called the 1-800 number and they said that we were not paid in full, so I then called my TA and she said that everything is o.k. and that there is a problem with the travel company they deal with and Princess and not to worry. That we will be able to print them within 30 days of sailing. Well I sure hope everything goes like she said we have booked 3 other cruises in the past with her so I have no reason to worry I guess.

I would worry. Think you should either call your Bank or your credit card company and check when , where and if your money has reached the Cruise line. If answer is "yes" then you need to call the cruise line.

The fact that you have booked with the TA before is no guarantee that all is still well now. People can change and so can companies.

It would be better for you to find out where is your final payment - did you pay by a check? by credit card? one way or the other, you should be able to track down where is your final payment which obviously has not found its way to Princess.

I hope you make your payment by credit card - that way, if anything goes wrong, in the worst case, the travel company goes under, you are protected by the consumer laws regarding credit card transactions. If you paid by check, you have 0 protection.

I would hound my TA until I received confirmation that my booking was paid in full. Don't let them put you off by saying everything is "OK." It's NOT. Full payment is due 75 days before sailing and I'd hate to see you not only not be able to print your boarding pass but possibly lose your booking and cabin due to a TA's mishandling of the payment. Nag, and then nag some more, until you get WRITTEN confirmation that your booking is paid in full. You are the one who could possibly be hurt.

Both Pam and Coral have raised valid issues.

If it is after final payment and Princess Cruise Lines does not have your money you are in danger of losing your cabin. It is as simple as that.

Stay on top of that travel agent.

Mike:confused:

You most certainly need to call your TA and find out what's going on. As Pam, Coral and Mike have said....final payment is due 75 days prior to sailing and you could lose your cabin. Boarding passes are printable 75 days before sailing. You said you made your final payment on Nov. 7th. If this was by CC it should have been done immediately or if by cheque, your TA has had more than enough time to send the payment to Princess.

Archived