Few ?'s About Diamond

jkrav

Was wondering if anyone knows the earliest one can make a reservation for anytime dining. With my group of friends I think we'd have a better shot staying up really late and making a reservation as opposed to waking up early to get a good time for 6.

Also, room service is not free correct? Some family members are trying to convince me that ordering food from room service is not added onto the on-board bill. Are they correct?

Thanks in advance

Was wondering if anyone knows the earliest one can make a reservation for anytime dining. With my group of friends I think we'd have a better shot staying up really late and making a reservation as opposed to waking up early to get a good time for 6.

Also, room service is not free correct? Some family members are trying to convince me that ordering food from room service is not added onto the on-board bill. Are they correct?

Thanks in advance

Be advised that you will only be able to order from room service what is on the room service menu, not what they are serving in the dinning rooms (except if you are in a full suite or above). Anytime dining means that you can show up at any time. Those that have anytime dining have their own assigned dinning rooms. I heard that if you have anytime dining, you can still make reservations for a certain time. It varies from ship to ship on whether you can keep a set reservation time for the duration of the cruise versus on a day by day basis.

Thanks in advance

Sorry, but a little confused by your question.

First, I believe the dinning room opens at 5:30 PM. When you get on the ship, look at the phone directory in your room for reservations. Last I heard, you could make three different reservations on the first day per cabin number. However, if you select the same time and table size for the entire cruise, I believe one phone call will do it.

Ok. Its just that ive read so much about having to call everyday, and i know we're gonna be staying up late and sleeping in later then most people so we'd prob miss reserving good times. so the question was, if you have to call everyday to make a reservation, whats the earliest IE. 5am? that they take your call?

thanks for the info on room service.

You do not have to call every day. When you board the ship call the reservations number and make your reservation for the time you want to eat. Generally speaking, your reservation needs to be made for earlier than 6:30 PM and 8:00 PM or later. The rest of the time is for walk-ups. You should have no problem with these reservations and do not need to worry about making them at 5:00 AM. Probably won't be anyone there at that hour to take your reservation.

I was on the Diamond in September and had no problem ordering a full hot breakfast. I just wrote in what I wanted on the breakfast card and hung it outside my door. As others have said, there is no charge, but you definitely should leave a tip as room service is not included in the auto tips.

We were on the Diamond in Oct. and the second night we found a table with great waiters in the Savoy and just made standing reservations the rest of the week for 8 pm at our selected table. Only one night did we have to wait an extra 20 min.

Also, I second the other reply as to writing in hot items on the continental breakfast door hanger they leave for you. We did this every day and always had a hot breakfast on our balcony. Tip accordingly. You don't have to "select" only those items printed.

Enjoy -- the Diamond is a great ship and we loved Claudia and Israel in the Savoy.

Jo in AZ

Archived