Carry On Luggage

sunflowerstarr

Sorry I know this has been asked but I am not quite sure still what size is considered carry on. I bought a 3 piece luggage set this past summer, I dont remember their dimensions. I looked online for the set to get the info off of there but could not find it. I believe it is a 21" expandable and the larger one is 25". I know I'd have to check the larger one but would the 21" inch be small enough to act as a carry on? Thanks!

You should probably check with the airline as regulations may differ. Most require that the carryon not be more than 9" x 14" x 22" or 45 linear inches (the length, height and width added together). Some have a weight limit also.

Actually, the ship has no size or weight requirements as to carry-ons. If you can lug it, you can carry it onto the ship. The question is - why would you want to? Sure, you'll want to keep medications and valuables with you until you're in your cabin. The rest of your luggage can be handed to the baggage guys as you arrive at the pier. The next time you see it, it will be arriving in your cabin.

Depending on which port you're sailing from, you might very well have to tote that bag quite a distance, including waiting in lines, then up stairs or an elevator before you even step foot on the ship. Then, if your cabin isn't ready you'll need to tote it or park it somewhere while you enjoy lunch in the Lido or explore the ship. Why bother handling your luggage yourself?

Sorry I know this has been asked but I am not quite sure still what size is considered carry on. I bought a 3 piece luggage set this past summer, I dont remember their dimensions. I looked online for the set to get the info off of there but could not find it. I believe it is a 21" expandable and the larger one is 25". I know I'd have to check the larger one but would the 21" inch be small enough to act as a carry on? Thanks!

Yes there is no problem with a 21 inch carry-on when boarding the ship...Anything carried on board must fit through the security scanner onto the belt...As long as you are notflying you might even be able to take the 25 inch one through, if you don't want to check it..Suggest you call Ships Services & see if they can give you the dimensions of the luggage scanner..

Enjoy your cruise..Betty

Thanks for all the info guys. I have almost finished packing and it looks like I wont need the 25" bag after all. Everything fit in my big suitcase and the carry on (hopefully...thats the one I'm not quite done with). The 21" has all toilettries, going to have my pj's which are in teh wash and be thrown in last minute, our wine chiller for our sailaway drink (we have a few bottles of wine for in room and it works really well) and my clothes for dinner the first night in case luggage isnt there in time. Other than that I'll have my laptop bag and be good. The 21" is on wheels so I'm not worried about carrying it because the port is all concrete.

Thanks for all the info guys. I have almost finished packing and it looks like I wont need the 25" bag after all. Everything fit in my big suitcase and the carry on (hopefully...thats the one I'm not quite done with). The 21" has all toilettries, going to have my pj's which are in teh wash and be thrown in last minute, our wine chiller for our sailaway drink (we have a few bottles of wine for in room and it works really well) and my clothes for dinner the first night in case luggage isnt there in time. Other than that I'll have my laptop bag and be good. The 21" is on wheels so I'm not worried about carrying it because the port is all concrete.

Sounds like a plan.:)

lol It was a good plan Tinknock until I started running out of room....should I chance it with the 25 incher I wonder?

I didn't catch if you were flying. If so, you might have problems with the 25" bag. Check with the individual airline. I am flying Northwest and their website says that carry-ons must be no more than 45 linear inches and no more than 40 lbs. (you are also allowed 1 personal carry-on, such as a laptop, but there are size restrictions there as well). My 21" expandable meets the criteria but my 24" does not. Also there are restrictions on check-in luggage as well - be sure to check the restrictions or you might end up paying extra baggage fees. In the case of Northwest, I think the restrictions for check-in luggage are no more than 63" linear, with a weight limit of 50 lbs. You can bring more, but you have to pay for it. I have both a 29" spinner suitcase (very big but still meets the size criteria) and a large spinner "garment bag" suitcase which also meets the requirements. I plan to use the garment bag one (better for dresses and such) and then use my 21" carry-on. Good thing I don't leave until Jan. 27 - I have plenty of time to test this out! Also keep in mind that you will need extra room for all the goodies you will be bringing back. My basic rule is that I never use the extension when I am packing - I only use it for the extras at the end of the vacation. Still, my suitcases sometimes come back looking like they are about 8 months pregnant. ;)

Archived