Anyone have info on Verandah deck inside cabins on Fantasy class ships?

keeponrolling

Sailing on the Fantasy soon and we booked a Verandah inside. From the deck plans, I liked the accessibility to the adult pool, the Sports/Sun decks and the Lido buffet. Any other advantages or concerns? What was your experience? Also, is it close to self serve laundry? Thanx!

Depends on where the cabin is located. Notice the gym is above so if the cabin is under the sauna or spa area it shouldnt be a problem-- if you are under the gym where the treadmills or weights are there could be a noise problem...also the aerobics room is above.

Be careful where your cabin is placed.

we were in V40 on the Ecstasy last month, directly under the aerobics room. we never heard a thing, and love love loved the location overall. there aren't a lot of rooms up there, so it tended to be very quiet. and there's a little door at the end of the hall that leads out to the front of the ship, great for sunsets! we just booked again for february, but they had already sold out of those rooms :(

I'm glad you asked this! I posted a few weeks ago & got no answers about specific rooms! We were in inside room on Elation in 99 (don't remember exactly which room #) & it was very quiet. Laundry is all the way down on Empress, all the way forward. To those in V40, any noise from people wandering off elevators? We changed from V8 to V20 because of possible gym noise for our next cruise, but gym isn't open late or on debarkation morning.

We had V20 on the Paradise a few years ago. Nice quiet location, with great access to Lido deck activities. Officer's quarters are below (and above the showlounge) so no noise from there. I didn't look for a laundry on that 4 day cruise.

Forgot to ask, what is next to V20? We're booked next month. No noise from above?

We had an inside Verandah cabin several years ago. It was definitely the nosiest cabin we have had on 10 cruises. I talked a good friend out of those cabins. About 11:00 every night it sounded like something fell about us. Then for the ret of the night it sounded like something was rolling across the room and hitting a wall - and repeating - and repeating - and repeating. Very little sleep.

Sailing on the Fantasy soon and we booked a Verandah inside. From the deck plans, I liked the accessibility to the adult pool, the Sports/Sun decks and the Lido buffet. Any other advantages or concerns? What was your experience? Also, is it close to self serve laundry? Thanx!

We were in V28 on the Fantasy during the October 26 sailing from New Orleans. I have absolutely NO complaints. Bear in mind, you are forward

and upper on the ship, so you may feel more movement than you would

if you were lower and midship.

As for noise, there was none unless it was from people walking in the hallways and talking. There are not a lot of rooms on this deck so there

is not a lot of hallway traffic.

The Verandah deck is central to the Grand Atrium and it provides easy access for the Verandah deck pool and to the Lido deck.

Anda as a side note--my laptop was able to pick up the wireless internet

in the room. I had been advised by the attendant in the internet cafe area that I would not be able to access from my room, but I did with no

problems.

I would stay in this same room again, no questions asked.

Hope that helps....

Carolyn

Archived