How is the free iced tea on CB?

tsbrn

I have no other complaint about the CB (or most other ships) when it comes to dining/food BUT the first thing I do when we got off a ship is stop at the first Wendy's for a humongous glass of sweet tea! Ice water is better -- no IMHO anything is better -- than ice tea on a cruise ship --and it's not just Princess either.:(

I have no other complaint about the CB (or most other ships) when it comes to dining/food BUT the first thing I do when we got off a ship is stop at the first Wendy's for a humongous glass of sweet tea! Ice water is better -- no IMHO anything is better -- than ice tea on a cruise ship --and it's not just Princess either.:(

Caroline,

I do the same as the DH, but I add sugar to the hot tea. Let it brew until it is nice and stong and then pour it over ice. Perfect glass of sweet tea onboard any ship. ;)

I use to fight the crowds around the coffee and tea machines in the Horizon Court until I found the hot water & coffe machines out by the hamburger area. I fill my big mug with ice, put a tea bag in a cup of hot water and then pour it in my mug. It is real Lipton tea. DH gets his coffee there too. Sure beats waiting in line for tea.

Tea isn't "sweet tea" unless the sugar is added as a syrup or while the water is hot so it dissolves. As a yankee who married a southerner I had to learn that lesson from my mother-in-law. She about blew a gasket when I offered her "plain tea" and sugar on the side.

Hi all.

IMHO I like the ice tea served on cruise ships, and in particular Princess. I guess its because I am from Toronto and it is near impossible to get fresh iced tea served to you (It is the premixed syrupy stuff up here). I guess I just havent tried better. I do like the idea of making my own.

Archived