Mexico and Drinking?

mrsbooty

From what I've seen, if they can hold a bottle it's the legal age.

Are you asking the legal drining age for a US citizen in Mexico? We were at a beach in Huatulco and it sure looked like the age of those drinking was around 10. Mexican police were patrolling the beach and seemed to ignore it.

LOL!

When we were in Cozumel, they told us if the kid can sit on a bar stool, he/she can have a drink....they meant it!! And it wasn't like they were trying to make money on this, the drinks they were giving us on that excursion were free (beer and soda)

We were in Cozumel in June (Disney Magic) and while we were in Carlos and Charlies, the waiter asked our son, who is 14, if he wanted a drink!! So, I guess anyone can drink!!!!

Beth

I took my 15 year old daughter to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo and she was served in all three ports. When we went to Ensenada a little later they served her, just not at Papa's and Beer.

If you can order it you can drink it.

Candi

Mexico is still in the 50s . . . .

The good ole days when the government stayed out of everything and relied on the parents common sense and good judgement in raising their children and determining who can and cannot handle the responsibility of imbibing alcoholic beverages. :)

I can remember when I was 10, my Father, popping a beer after church as Mom was preparing dinner. He would pour a little of the beer in a juice glass for me. We toasted the "short sermon". :D

It is, legally, 18 years old to drink in Mexico, however, they really like tourism dollars (most especially in Cozumel which has no other industy) so its not enforced much at all. I do remember tho, when I did the Fiesta party boat a few years ago I was carded to get a Margarita. I was 19 at the time (legal even in Canada) but they took 2 or 3 minutes to determine weather or not I could have a margarita. I wouldent worry about being able to drink, id worry about drinking too much and NOT drinking in public... that they defenitely do enforce.

Archived