3 Questions (sorry, we leave in 8 days :))

stbmom

Okay, since we will be leaving in 8 days and I am trying some new things on this cruise, I need info on 3 very important areas. Yes, the all involve food because that is what is important to me:p

1. This cookie tray thing? I heard you can order a special room service sampler of cookies each night - it that true? If so, what is it called?

2. Is there a special cheese tray sampler thing (or something like that) they have each day via room service?

3. Is there a way to get copies of the dining room menu each day. We are letting the head waiter person know we will not be in the dining room at all during the cruise, but will be ordering off the dinner menu via room service. I just didn't want to look like a real dork with a pad and pencil writing down what I wanted to order for dinner that night if avoidable (I will choose to look like a dork at different times);)

If it helps, we will be on the Jewel

I wish I had the answers....but I don't :(

If you are in a GS or above - you will have a small tray of goodies delivered to your cabin on formal nights. Aside from that, I can't answer anything else....never heard of an assorted cookie tray?

Have a GREAT cruise! :D

The chocolate chip cookies you get with Room Service are hugh (not sample sizes). A friend did order Oatmeal and chocolate chips cookies one night and got them.

You can order the cheese and crakers for one or two people during meal hours. Mine came with three types of crackers and four types of cheese. If you go to the Front Desk you can buy the menus but I do not know when they would deliver them since most want it at the end of the voyage. You could ask.

You will be missing soooo much by eating in your room! In the dining room, you will be waited on and have friendly conversation! In your room, you will be cramped, have to "serve yourself" since they basically just drop off the tray with tons of plates and plate covers. Little packets of this and that--I've never found room service to be especially relaxing or comfortable! There's no dining table in your room, and on most balconies, the table is pretty small. But-to each his own!

You will be missing soooo much by eating in your room! In the dining room, you will be waited on and have friendly conversation! In your room, you will be cramped, have to "serve yourself" since they basically just drop off the tray with tons of plates and plate covers. Little packets of this and that--I've never found room service to be especially relaxing or comfortable! There's no dining table in your room, and on most balconies, the table is pretty small. But-to each his own!

The OS has a dining table and it's very comfortable to dine in cabin. I only had daily breakfast there but I do know that the full dinner menu is not available via room service. You can get some, but not all of the choices.

Jewel will show you the room service options for dinner on TV each evening (the "ship" channel). Also, you can go to the windjammer during dinner hours and get a MUCH better cheese / hors d'oeuvres selection than you can from room service - just choose the items you want and put them on a plate (they are nice oval platters), cover with another upside down plate (you don't need other pax staring at / breathing (or sneezing!) on your food as you walk around), pick up a couple of napkin / flatware sets and take back to your room. waaaayyyyy better than what you can get from room service for pre-dinner snacks - then order the rest of your dinner whenever you are ready.

Is this a honeymoon cruise? ;)

We are traveling with my little guy (13 months), so we will take him to the buffet and then order room service and eat on the balcony while ds sleeps:p

He goes to bed at 7, so we will have some nice evenings

I plan on the cheese tray while he naps:)

So, lots of room service, but still opportunities for fun and sun (bringing both sets of grandparents plus an aunt - so babysitting won't be a problem:p )

You can get the cheese platter from room service ANY time. In my experience, which may not be everyone's, the same cheeses are available in the WJ and via room service.

It is usually muenster, brie, swiss and provolone. Nothing fancy, nothing appropriately aged or ripened, just very basic and just about edible. The crackers are usually packets of saltines!

The idea of bringing back plates that you prepare yourself from the WJ is an EXCELLENT one.

We are traveling with my little guy (13 months), so we will take him to the buffet and then order room service and eat on the balcony while ds sleeps:p

So, lots of room service, but still opportunities for fun and sun (bringing both sets of grandparents plus an aunt - so babysitting won't be a problem:p )

You have it figured out...

Have a great trip.

LL

Thanks for thinking of your son's comfort as well as your fellow passengers and not keeping him up past bedtime. We all know how cranky they can get! Enjoy the cruise!

Thanks for thinking of your son's comfort as well as your fellow passengers and not keeping him up past bedtime. We all know how cranky they can get! Enjoy the cruise!

It really is for the best, sleep is very important for young children, so we do everything we can to respect his schedule and keep him on schedule. Plus, when he is well rested he is an angel:D

The only thing I am worrying about now is I have a sneaky suspicion he may be getting his 2 year mollars 11 months early:eek: . He has all his other teeth and the ped said it was a possibility.

BUT - not to worry fellow cruisers - I am taking a medicine cabinet with me and he responds wonderfully to Tylenol and Motrin:D

We also don't mind being in our cabin early with him - we are taking the laptop and aren't big party people anyway - we enjoy just being together and I think not having to cook, clean, or do laundry a vacation even if I were sitting at home. Being in a balcony cabin on the water is just icing on the cake!

My mom did ask to babysit one night and allow us to go to Portifinos or Chops as a thank you (we paid for her and her cabin mates cruise) - so that is an added bonus! We wouldn't mind spending every evening in cabin having room service, but getting a date night will be a blast too.

It really is for the best, sleep is very important for young children, so we do everything we can to respect his schedule and keep him on schedule. Plus, when he is well rested he is an angel:D

The only thing I am worrying about now is I have a sneaky suspicion he may be getting his 2 year mollars 11 months early:eek: . He has all his other teeth and the ped said it was a possibility.

BUT - not to worry fellow cruisers - I am taking a medicine cabinet with me and he responds wonderfully to Tylenol and Motrin:D

We also don't mind being in our cabin early with him - we are taking the laptop and aren't big party people anyway - we enjoy just being together and I think not having to cook, clean, or do laundry a vacation even if I were sitting at home. Being in a balcony cabin on the water is just icing on the cake!

My mom did ask to babysit one night and allow us to go to Portifinos or Chops as a thank you (we paid for her and her cabin mates cruise) - so that is an added bonus! We wouldn't mind spending every evening in cabin having room service, but getting a date night will be a blast too.

We had our kids (6 and 3) on Freedom and we used an in-cabin babysitter who was terrific. Our kids played on a beach or in H2O Zone all day so I know they were pooped and it allowed my wife and I to get some time with the adults. Kids got the babysitter to order them room service (cookies and chips) each night while they watched their dvds in the suite. They had a blast and were usually knocked out by the time we returned.

Archived