Do any dancing on the "O" in Mexico???

luvtravel

We're heading to Mexico on the Oosterdam in January and we're looking forward to dancing a little. Would love to hear from anyone whose been on that cruise....what type of music do they play - live or recorded that people dance to. We do know a few dances, but wondered what we can look forward to. Hope some of you dancers will reply Thanks!

We're heading to Mexico on the Oosterdam in January and we're looking forward to dancing a little. Would love to hear from anyone whose been on that cruise....what type of music do they play - live or recorded that people dance to. We do know a few dances, but wondered what we can look forward to. Hope some of you dancers will reply Thanks!

Oosterdam has pre and after dinner dancing in the Ocean Bar (5:00-6:00, 7:15-8:15 & 9:30-12:00 mn) to the tunes of a trio or a quartet/live band ("Crossover" in FEB this year). They play dance music and take requests.

There is also a live band ("Cruise Control" in FEB) in the Crow's Nest (7:15-8:15 & 9:30-12:00 mn) who play all sorts of music to dance to and also take requests.

The "Moonlight Strings" play classical music in the Explorer's Lounge from (9:30-11:00) but I've never seen anyone dance to them. Hope other Oosterdam vets will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe there is a dance floor in the Explorer's Lounge (same as in the Piano Bar)

Finally, at 12:00 mn, a DJ (usually one of the cruise staff members) parties 'till late into the night in the Northern Lights disco. He/she takes requests. There are also "theme" nights hosted by the cruise staff where you can dance to 50ties & 60ties, Country and Disco music. Lots of choices! Have a great time on Oostedam in JAN 07!:)

Check out Bardgal's threat on Oosterdam - she just returned today from the same cruise you're going to take

Archived